Baby Raspberry UPDATE: teeny baby feet! post 64

A girl that graduated with my daughter had a downs baby a couple years ago. I could tell right away from his features. I also had a cousin with downs. Izzy your head and foot are awesome!

1 Like

Looking absolutely Perfect!..Love it!.. :smile:

1 Like

Oh wow! Just Wow! You are such a talented artist, Izzy xxx

1 Like

Izzy…your work is AMAZING!!! I am loving the progress pics as you go along!!

Thank you SO much for sharing with us!!!

1 Like

I have two cays that do that!!! I thought I just had weird cats lol.

1 Like

Your baby is beautiful! Can’t wait to see her finished.

1 Like

Two of my friends have children with downs. They both had the features from birth.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve done your homework on DS traits. Love the foot!

1 Like

And “square-ish” hands. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg thanks so much ladies! What a great thing to wake up to. :blush: I appreciate every one of your comments!

1 Like

Funny thing about that line that goes straight across the palm. It is called the Simian Line and is also a trait with some other chromosomal anomalies including XYY, which my son has. His oldest son has it as well. My son has it on both hands but my grandson only has it on one. Here’s a pic.

Very realistic Izzy!!

1 Like

My oldest and youngest son both have simian lines. There aren’t any anomalies that we know of, but it’s interesting. The pediatrician found it on my now 3yo old son when he was born. We didn’t know about my oldest sons (now 20) until he showed us after learning about his younger brother. Everyone is so unique. :slight_smile:

That’s interesting. Before I ever knew anything about that line, I knew a man that had it on one hand. He didn’t have DS.

The pediatrician found it on my son when he was born as well. They sent him for genetic testing and found that he had an extra Y chromosome, which makes him a “super male”. It accounts for his extreme height - he is 6’4.5". His father is 5"9" and I am 5’2" so there is no hereditary height. Unfortunately, there are some issues that come with the XYY - its sort of like, whatever you expect out of a boy, expect twice as much out of an XYY. He was a challenge while growing up and has always been somewhat of a rebel and a free spirit, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. It took a while for him to learn to channel it but once he did, he has done okay. He is a great dad and a remarkable son.

Not everyone with the Simian Line has Downs. There are more than 80 things that are contributing factors. Tony Blair has it on both hands and Nikita Khrushchev and Hillary Clinton have it on one hand.

2 Likes

Izzy, I home school my oldest grandson and for art, I have been trying to get him interested in sculpting. Bought him some inexpensive polymer clay in a variety of colors and what do you think he sculpted first…a snow fort out of the white clay with all of these tiny snowballs. He made it on a paper plate and we were going to bake it, until his little masterpiece was eaten by one or more of my three dachshunds. Just be on the look out for off colored #2…we did figure out it was my youngest male (3 yrs old) who did the dirty deed and he has been just fine, as out vet said he would be.
So glad it wasn’t Raspberry’s head also…she’s amazing!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that pic of the downs baby with me, Mimi! You’re the one who gave me the idea haha.

Oh, and my dog is perfectly fine too. As hyper as ever. :wink:

1 Like

Your very welcome Izzy and your sculpt is going to turn out terrific!

1 Like