Baby Raspberry UPDATE: teeny baby feet! post 64

Started her foot! Post 64. (Instead of scrolling, click on the blue rectangle at the bottom right and type in the post number…voila!)

Her head is baked! Pics on post 41.

Sculpting is making a comeback in my life lol! During the summer I think I burned myself out a little. I was trying to make too many too fast and it just turned into unpleasant work. And I feel like I didn’t sculpt the best I could when I was rushing. But now school has lightened up a little and I’m in the sculpting mood…so watch for updates!

31 Likes

That’s awesome, Izzy!

1 Like

Yay! Can’t wait to see the new little ones!

1 Like

Fabulous!!!

1 Like

Yayyyy…looking forward to seeing your new creations…still wanting one of them for my personal collection… :smile:

Can’t wait to see

That’s great news, honey xx

I’m looking forward to seeing your work Izzy!!

Blessings,
Misty

1 Like

Yay Izzy!!

1 Like

You GO, Izzy ~ can’t wait to see more sculpts from you! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Have you switched to Super Sculpey?

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! @honojane nope I’m trying something new…super sculpey firm. It’s a pain to condition but after it warms up I really like it. My sculpts don’t mush into pieces haha!

1 Like

It must be new. I never heard of it. You must have warm hands. That’s a serious statement. Some people who use poly clay have trouble keeping the clay from getting too soft because they have such warm hands. Is the clay in the picture gray?

It’s not new, but not a lot of people use it foR OOAKS. And yup, it’s grey so this baby won’t be for sale in clay form. :wink:

1 Like

It seems like you are really getting this sculpting thing down. So you are going to make a doll to poured in vinyl. You are amazing Izzy. I haven’t been able to figure out how to do this stuff and here you are getting ready to begin something that might easily become a career for you or a secondary one at least. You are such a sharp kiddo. I think what is amazing is that you are making so many contacts along the way. I think you mentioned there was someone who was going to help you with this project… And you are always up to date on what all the sculptors are doing. Don’t snub me when you “get there”, okay? I might need to ask you questions!

1 Like

Not vinyl…I’ve been talking to kimbrydolls. She makes silicone minis. :wink: Love ya, Helen!

4 Likes

Can’t it be painted?

Silicone, huh! I can’t wait to see!

1 Like

Well it would be destroyed in the mold. But even if I didn’t get it molded if any of you ladies have tried painting the slightly greyish BB kits…imagine painting a baby that’s solid grey! :laughing:

1 Like

No, painting would be out of the question. You’d have to use paint that was opaque and that would never look realistic.

2 Likes