Baby Raspberry UPDATE: teeny baby feet! post 64

I’m using this pre-made armature and it’s giving my baby a moonface lol! Gosh dang it!

1 Like

True. I wasn’t thinking about that. :confused:

How frustrating! I’m sure you can work your magic on it, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay!! Hey Izzy, can you give me some pointers on beginning to sculpt? Supplies you recommend? How do you form the head, limbs, etc?

awesome

Sorry I forgot to get back to you! Of course I would be willing to help…message me with your questions anytime and I’ll get back to you asap. Only fair to pass on the knowledge that was given to me for free. :wink:

3 Likes

Yay! That’s so awesome. The whole weekend I was craving building with clay. I used to take ceramics in high school, and college, but it’s been a few years now since I’ve had access to a kiln, and am so excited that I can do this without one. Just haven’t gotten my materials yet. Please keep us posted with your work! I love seeing people’s unique sculpts. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Me too, please!? Maybe you could post a short demo here. :grinning:

1 Like

In case you ladies haven’t seen it on the other post here’s what I’ve got so far:

This is what I was aiming for, and yeah, I’m not a good portrait artist lol! It’s ok though. My sculpt is still workable haha!

I would LOVE to post a demo but I’m not confident enough. I have no set way of sculpting, I sculpt and smush until I stumble onto the right face. It would honestly be the most confusing tutorial ever. BUT, if you ever have any questions or want links for some great sculpting tutorials that are already out there, shoot me a PM and I’ll help you as much as possible.

6 Likes

Personally, I think your sculpt is spot on for a match with the photo. You are a very talented young lady xx

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you Izzy!

1 Like

Oh FANTASTIC!! It is spot on…!!
what is your head armature?Did you use the one you mentioned moon shaped?How big will the baby be? I use to use tin foil for the head …

1 Like

Thank you! I used a premade armature by Pat Moultan. I use tin foil too but someone gave this to me years ago and thought I’d put it to good use. It is a little moon-faced but I made it work haha! This baby will probably be around…8"? As a guess?

If you didn’t see these pics on my other post…her head is now finished lol.

15 Likes

Looks GREAT! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Very good job!!

1 Like

Thanks both of you! :blush:

I’m lovin’ her!

1 Like

Thanks Amy! I swear she looks cuter in person and I can’t capture the right angle lol! My camera blurs out her double chin rolls too. The second pic is closest to her in real life.

1 Like

“Munchkin” is turning out to be such a bonnie baby xx

1 Like

Look who made it out of the oven! And in one piece! No cracks, no moonies…my life is officially accomplished. Sculpey firm is da bomb!

@lynn I tried to redo her eyes sooo many times to get her look more like a downs baby. Decided to just leave it when I got to this before I went too far and completely smushed her haha! Not all downs babies look the same anyways. :grin: I think it’s a little better than before, but who knows maybe it’s just me. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes