I recently started RB Alyssa. Today when I came up to my office to paint, I noticed on her head these marks. They are like scratches and gouges. But when I bake they get darker even though i dont have paint in that area yet. It’s almost like she has a film on her too. Its so weird. I have tried to remove the discoloration with alchohol as well as mona lisa. It’s not budging. This is a 1st quality kit.
I don’t root so I am hoping someone might have some advice for me.
Update: there was 100% a coverup paint in that area. I took a bit of Windsor and Newton on a Q-tip and it came right off. I guess I will be stripping the whole kit down to make sure there aren’t anymore issues. Thankfully I’m not too far into the process yet.
How much painting have you done on her? This looks like the same thing that is happening with Ruby.
I would strip her with Windsor and Newton. It appears to be paint that the factory used to perfect the kits by covering up small blemishes.
Contact @bountifulbaby and let them know and send pictures
Check your kit for more areas. My Ruby kit had several
It looks like the paint overlay that many have been experiencing recently.
This is what the heads on my Felicitys with the smelly vinyl had as well.
Can someone tell me what the smelly vinyl is? I keep referring to it as the “smelly vinyl” lol.
It must be something that keeps going wrong when this vinyl is poured. I have seen this some some people’s stevens, sage, my two Felicity. I have seen it on Alyssa.
I wish they could not use this vinyl any more. I hate the smell and now this is what seems to be a chemical mixture issue. (I don’t have actually know but I’m just guessing)
I have only done veining and undertones so far. This area that this spot is in has no paint on it from me yet. Before starting this kit, I washed in hot soapy water with dawn dish soap.
I sent BB an email this morning about it. I didnt want to go any further with her if there was something I could do to stop this.
It seems the factory has been placing paint over the kit in what appears to be an attempt to cover blemishes. It’s appears to be on kits created from the “new” vinyl/factory. Some have stripped the paint off but BB has offered to replace kits and parts with this issue.
This overlay paint is what is rubbing off.
My flanges on her are different so I am assuming she is from the new factory.
I have seen 4 different flanges so far (including the old ones) so it may be all different factories.
It is smelly vinyl and God only knows what kind of chemicals it is. I returned a Huxley kit because of it. It made the entire room stink. It smelled toxic.
I guess I should go check mine.
I didn’t see it at first either I soaked my kits and scrubbed and it only showed up as a small scratch and when I looked closer and scratched at it I realized it was the same thing @Rosa05 was posting about.
Someone else was posting about a similar problem with Steven after she started painting and then stripped him. I can’t remember who it was or what the post was titled but it’s a huge mess and I feel like everyone needs to pretty much scrub down their kits with Windsor and Newton before they paint them. . There was a spot on Ruby’s foot that I didn’t see at all until I wiped it with W&N.
I have always thought I had a sensitive sense of smell and I hadn’t noticed anything with any of my kits
Some of them are nasty!
My Tessa had to be aired out.
It’s definitely at least 3 different factories. Most of the newest releases such as Ruby, Sage, Steven, Claudia and etc. are from a completely different factory than the old BB and other new vinyl kits such as Marnie, Harlow, and 1/4 Emmy and such. Wish we could just have the old vinyl.
I wish too, I have almost gave up painting realborns. I put kit in my cart to complete my furnitures orders (to make shipping worth it) but I am not motivated to paint them anymore.
Ohhhh that corrupt a wish thread was bad. Someone wished for kits to be in stock and the wish got corrupted. Not exactly the same corruption, but same idea.