Anyone Remember This Monkey Kit?

Someone on my kit page is trying to figure out what the name of this monkey kit is and who made it. I remember it from years ago but can’t think of the name. Anyone?

2 Likes

@GrammysReborns?

1 Like

This is straight up TERRIFYING

11 Likes

I agree! Those hands are especially creepy. :flushed:

5 Likes

Kipawa

2 Likes

I agree that is one scary Ape🙊

4 Likes

Much cuter finished.

2 Likes

It is really old, I don’t remember who he is. Sorry

1 Like

At least the face was able to be reborned decently… But it looks more alien than primate to me as a blank kit! :no_mouth:

1 Like

That is not the same kit. This kit has smaller ears than Kipiwa. This is an orangutan kit not a chimp kit. That one is similar though.

2 Likes

I see that now too. I don’t know enough history about this hobby to be able to identify anything from the past.

2 Likes

Is this your kit? It could make an interesting alternative. :thinking:

No a lady on my FB Reborn Doll Kit Market page has 3 of these for sale and everyone is wanting to know who made it. I guess it could be a China kit but I do remember back several years ago there were some big monkey kits like this. The lady who has this for sale says she bought them 2nd hand and has had them in storage a good long while.

2 Likes

Darn. I was hoping you had something crazy in mind to make of one. :grin:

Wow…that is quite scary!

2 Likes

I tell you all if I had the ability to root a lot of hair I would tackle this. My hands just will not let me do it much any more as the joints hurt and cramp up. But if a fake fur 1/4 limb body were made for this monkey and it was painted and rooted like an Orangutan it would be quite adorable. I promise!

2 Likes

Maybe a knockoff? Or a different kit from the same sculptor? There’s a similar one. Which is from Christo.

My guess is it’s a third kit from Christo or it’s a knockoff.

It has the same mouth as the Christo kits. But whats throwing me off is those tiny human ears and the weird vinyl. :thinking:

Interesting, that refers to the kit as Christo but if you blow up the COA pic it says it is Kipawa. This makes me think that sale is for a China knockoff of the Kipawa kit that came out around 2014. They prolly did make an Orangutan kit too.

1 Like