Am I being too picky?

I wont buy from some dealers because they package the COAs in the same bag with the kits and they become creased and wrinkled. I dont want to name the dealer because I dont want to harm their business just because I am too picky. I even sent a message to them about this issue. Am I a Karen?!

Also some kits do not even come with COAs because they are open editions, I no longer purchase them for fear the buyer will think they are stolen

1 Like

Not sure who you are buying from…I have had COAs IN the kit bag and then just stuck down inside the box…but have never had any of them mangled up…

Even most Open Edition kits will come with some type of verification…which you pretty much need…I totally agree about the fear of being accused of selling a knockoff kit!!! :flushed:

I personally don’t mind coa’s. I know I purchase from reputable dealers and I’ve never had problems with customers over it.
If you prefer not wrinkled coa’s then that’s fine.
Though I assume it’s done that way because otherwise it’s far too easy for them to get lost in a warehouse.

I’m paranoid the ink from COAs might get on the kit. I just purchased directly from an artist and the corners of the coa were bent from being in the bag with the kit. And I had a customer argue with me a few months back about a sculpted BB kit because it didn’t have a COA

2 Likes

My COAs are usually in a plastic bag or envelope. Some kits just don’t have them.

1 Like

I am the same way! I can’t stand getting a coa that is bent or folded. I haven’t had this issue with suppliers, they have always separated them for me luckily! :see_no_evil: also I have no fear of someone thinking I have a scammer kit because I know I only buy legit kits from suppliers or someone I know so I always have a way to verify the authenticity :blush: I do know what you mean about the fear of that since right now everyone is saying no coa means scam kit :woman_facepalming:t2::weary::flushed:

2 Likes

I wish all suppliers packaged them like Bountiful Baby- BB always has them contained in a separate bag and laid flat and neatly.

5 Likes

I HATE COA’s in the bag but… I suppose that helps them not accidentally forget to grab a COA for that kit when shipping…

As soon as a kit gets here I take out the COA and lay it flat. Add weight on top (a book, etc) if needed, then I put it in the same large envelope as the rest of my kits’ COAs.
Unwrap the ones not unwrapped yet… (is this a sign the kits were not checked at the kit dealer?) Check them over, then put them back in their kit bag and into a box here.

3 Likes

Seriously? Except for Realborns, BB kits don’t have COAs unless things have changed since the last time I bought their sculpted kits.

2 Likes

I personally don’t even notice the COA’s. I make my own Birth certificate to prove it is my work, if I have the COA I pop it in. I am not a collector so I don’t care much about it other than to certify to me that I am not painting a counterfeit kit. I do buy a few kits from other artists who have had kits laying around for a while, or I will buy seconds. It’s a piece of paper, it gets wrinkled, not sure it really matters if it does.

1 Like

People get crazy when there is no COA ,some even don’t now what they stay for :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I have been seeing so many people warning others saying no coa means knockoff. :woman_facepalming:t2::flushed: bb kits don’t come with coa and open edition sculpt kits don’t always come with coa so it’s silly but I have been seeing a lot of that commenting going on Facebook!

4 Likes

It’s a case of a little information without being fully informed is a dangerous thing.
I understand wanting the COA if it exists, but if it doesn’t come with one there isn’t anything the artist can do except make a certificate stating they reborned X kit.

4 Likes

Right! I do make birth certificates for all my babies including ones with coa. I haven’t personally had any customers complain for a baby with no coa but I have been seeing the conflict on Facebook reborn scammer pages where people try to misinform to help out…:flushed::woman_facepalming:t2::weary:

2 Likes

Both kits I got with a COA they were separate from the kit. Scout’s was easy because he came in a box big enough to slip it in an envelope and down the side of the box. The vinyl Chloe kit and the silicone one both had them tucked in the box not in the kit bag if I remember correctly. I could be wrong. I’d have to look at the silicone unboxing video again.

1 Like

I have only had an issue with COAs once and they were in the bag, but I actually think they were wrinkled before that. It was not just a small crease or bent corner, they looked like they had been wadded up and pressed back out. I have never purchased from this place again because there are other dealers that I never have problems with, so I order from them.

1 Like

I’d prefer paperwork to be sent neatly so it doesn’t get damaged.

2 Likes

I know what dealer you are talking about, and I did not like how it wrinkled the COA, either. It’s the only place I’ve ordered a kit from, out of four places I’ve ordered from over the past 8 years, that I’ve seen do this. I feel that a wrinkled COA can look less professional or sloppy (maybe that’s just me). I wish they wouldn’t do it. I was so used to having it mailed to me separate from the kit bag that I was kind of shocked to pull the kit out of the box and see the COA put in there with the kit. I’ve heard that some people have had ink transfer from the COA to the vinyl when not separated during shipping.

1 Like

Why does the dealer need to be protected in this conversation?

It isn’t slander if it’s true. Maybe they need to change their ways.

If another company will take precautions so I don’t get an ink stained kit and ruined paperwork it’s good to have that option.

2 Likes

I like to have COA’s but don’t bother with a BC for me. But if it is a kit that I have been searching hard for then no COA needed. I am a painter and collector and only provide Birth Certificates if asked. I have never had anyone ask for a BC or COA. I have a them in a drawer just in case.