All the excitement, and then

Well, little Jocy arrived this morning. The box was small, so I wondered how a 20 in. doll would fit in there. I opened it up, and first thing on top were the legs. Normal size for a baby. Then the head… a little small. Now the arms… micro! She looks like she has t-rex arms!!! I must confess, I am slightly disappointed.

5 Likes

Oh wow, is it supose to be like that?

Wow! I would be disappointed too. This is why I why other retailers would post the blank vinyl as well as the prototype photos.

2 Likes

I have no idea if this is typical? Maybe I’ve been spoiled by BB, and just expected the kit to be the same type of proportions?

3 Likes

Olga Auer kits always seem to have tiny arms… not sure why… :confused:

1 Like

That should be a disclaimer :thinking: The kit itself is so stinkin’ cute, it’s just the arms are freakishly small.

It’s hard to find a full body image of her, but on a few that I could find she looks ok.
She is Soooo cute. Don’t get disappointed!

5 Likes

They should show side profile too… that threw me off a bit when I opened mine up. The face is flatter than I assumed (pics with flash)

3 Likes

I was super excited too! She is super cute. I’m including a picture of another Auer kit “Mary” alongside “Jocy” and “Clyde” to show differences.

I think she’s correct just has large legs.

2 Likes

Thunda-thighs! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

She is a girl. Some of us (me including) store a lot in those thighs. :joy:
But I agree, proportions are off with her.

5 Likes

Same here. I was really surprised about the same thing. Didnt notice the arms, but yes, they look too small.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: t-rex arms.

Oh well, she’s cute. I’m sure she will be a good seller. :blush:

3 Likes

It looks like you either got the wrong legs or the wrong arms.

I am painting Noel right now and his arms look a good size. :blush:

1 Like

His arms are short too. I have comparison pics with Tink. His head seems to be small newborn with preemie limbs. Mine turned out cute though :wink:

2 Likes

He has totally different style limbs to tink though. Hers are long, thin and quite straight. Noels are shorter, chubbier and much more curly like a newborn. I remember speakong to Bonnie about Tink and she was sculpted from photos of a real preemie. My memory is getting worse as my health deteriorates so dont quote me on that. Tink looks like my daughter as a newborn because she was not getting food\nutrients properly in the womb and was very tiny and sick as a result. My daughter was actually born not breathing and in took them a good five minutes to bring her to life. When I look at Noels his head and limbs all look in proportion as have other kits from Auer that i reborned. Im pleased I couldnt afford this one though as I would have wanted to return her as the arms just look far too small. My daughter has short arms as well and even with having a real child with shorter arms they still look to short for me. Maybe someone will be rehoming a head at some point because her face is adorable. Obviously they are all sculpted amazingly as always from Auer. :blush:

2 Likes

My 2 cent: I like Noel’s proposition much better than Tink’s. She is too long and weird to me - don’t get mad at me for me truthfully expressing it. I know many people adore Tink.

2 Likes

Haha, it is because she is so thin but long. All my babies were very thin and light but long and they all looked strange until they gained weighed and fattened up :blush:
It also made dressing them hard because the size clothing they needed for their length drowned them lol

3 Likes

Tink’s shape looks like my youngest (4 weeks early and 5 lbs, 2 ozs. but was 18.5 inches) I will PM you a few pics of her. Her wrist was about the same width as my thumb.

2 Likes

This is my daughter. I dont have many pics showing her limbs as she couldnt keep her body heat and would turn blue so despite being born in late April I had to keep her wrapped up like it was winter. I used to get people telling me off for wrapping her up. They got told to mind their business :laughing:
The last pic she is over a year old and so chubby and cuddly. Lovely rosy cheeks, deep lips and auburn hair which is why i love to do my reborns with lots of colour and ginger hair

9 Likes