Advice please (paint on sold doll)

I went back and read what i wrote, and realized it might have came across wrong. But I was trying to say i definitely agree with the way you suggested handling the situation.

2 Likes

I haven’t made any progress on painting dolls with liquitex this last week. I have been painting a lot of canvases this last year. I know it’s recommended to wait two weeks before sealing on those even though paint feels dry. Not sure if that would make a difference or cause paint loss.

1 Like

I went back and looked at your Delilah post btw, gorgeous! What a huge difference. Wondering if this lady’s photo settings are way off on her phone-making them look much worse than actually are? Still doesn’t explain the bare spots. It has to be hand sanitizer. If she is insistent on saying she washes her hands, is careful, etc. It has to be sanitizer. Then it’s understandable that someone not knowing or not thinking twice, doesn’t realize the alcohol reaction.

1 Like

Looks like she’s using baby wipes on her dolls or something. This doesn’t seem right. Seems she’s not being honest.

3 Likes

Yes I think she has had something on her hands, a couple of the patches almost look like perfect finger tip marks, she definitely handles them a lot.
I hope she does return her as I would like to see for myself how easy her paint rubs off.

I had a look at my test limbs today, they have exactly the same paint on them but no varnish, I rubbed them so hard with my fingers but nothing came off, I put some varnish on a patch and let it dry for a couple of hours then tried rubbing that area, again nothing came off

3 Likes

rub lotion into the test paint then wash it off to see if it comes off?

2 Likes

Will try that tomorrow and also hand sanitizer

4 Likes

She still hasn’t shipped the doll back to me, not a word in almost a week

2 Likes

Yea…maybe it was a fishing expedition to see if she could get a refund.

2 Likes

Seems like it

2 Likes

Any more updates?

1 Like

Yes she sent her back and I have stripped the legs, will repaint them and send her back but she had scratches under her chin and on the knees with paint coming off around the scratches on the knees, so she definitely has not taken care of her, too much dressing and undressing, the paint on legs did not strip easy but did come off easier when I tested an area with hand sanitizer.

2 Likes

Oh boy so this was all because of hand sanitizer? Did you tell her? She only had her for what… a week or so?

1 Like

I can’t imagine in a short amount of time, a lot of dressing and undressing would cause scratches. I haven’t noticed any paint coming off because of dressing and undressing. My guess is, your comment definitely she has not taken care of the doll. You’d really have to do a lot lot, for that paint to come off. I know repeatedly rubbing will take it off. Of course alcohol based products, like hand sanitizer…How you get actual scratches is beyond me.

2 Likes

It was 12 days she had her, I wondered if she had long nails because the scratches under the chin were where you would hold a baby to burp it.
I did tell her my opinion on why it’s happened and she said she hardly touched her however I saw photos of the doll in different outfits, I recommended she get some white cotton gloves to handle her when I send her back.

2 Likes

Here’s the scratches under the chin

1 Like

Maybe she wears acrylic nails they can damage the doll ?
Some can be sharp
I never were them but my daughter sometimes has and i always ask here
how can you do things with that :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve had them a couple times but short and rounded not long and sharp like the trend these days! I wouldn’t be able to do anything with weapons like that at the end of my fingers :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Yes i ask my daughter don’t they bother you ?
With a lot of things like making dinner or take a shower oh my it all takes a lot of time :joy: :rofl: :scream:

3 Likes

Haha yeah I don’t understand how people have such long nails and manage to still do everything, I’m too lazy to maintain nice nails, can’t even be bothered to wear make up :joy:

6 Likes