2022 ROSE show

I hope we’re Covid safe by then.

4 Likes

Omg I wanna go!!!

1 Like

It’s SO much fun!

2 Likes

I’m sure! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

So if I can go 2 days, which ones would be best? Interested in meeting dolly friends, possibly entering a competition and wandering around and shopping. What do you think?

1 Like

June 23rd and 24th are the show days

2 Likes

If you’re not planning on taking any classes (usually good but a little pricey for my budget), you can probably skip the 21st. Baby Shower and Gift Exchange is on the 22nd at 7:00 PM. You don’t want to miss this. Awards Banquet is on the 23rd and the Royal Ball is on the 24th. You can get more info and buy tickets @ rosedollexpo.com. Contest and Classes info isn’t up yet. If you can only do 2 days, go the 22nd and 23rd so you can do the baby shower and the show floor. You’ll get to meet some of the sculptors and forum members. There are all kinds of things to buy-dolls, kits, clothes, reborning supplies, etc. so start saving now. I only took the amount of cash I could afford to spend. It’s way too tempting to buy too much and you have to get it home. My only other advice is to look at everything before you buy anything.

4 Likes

Jenni, are you going? Will you have a booth?

2 Likes

I have no dolly money currently so as of right now no

But if there happens to be something left when I get money then probably.
Only having 6 months to plan sucks. Hubby just started a new job, oldest is working to so I would need to figure out stuff with the other 4 kids… if he couldnt ask for time off yet

3 Likes

Aside from having no dolly dollars, either, I don’t dare purchase anything non refundable (tickets, plane, hotel, shuttles) in case it gets cancelled because of Covid.

5 Likes

Are the hotel rooms refundable? :grimacing:

that’s what Im scared of. id love to go, but im not vaxxed, either. probably won’t be allowed to travel even by then

1 Like

I really want to go! Been wanting to for years. We can’t fly though, and would have to drive, 1,600 miles. It would be worth it though. A nice vacation for my husband. He’s never seen the big West.

3 Likes

IDK. You’d have to call the hotel and ask. They may not be since they’re being discounted for the ROSE show.

1 Like

I’m vaxxed and boosted but at high risk of dying if I catch Covid so I have to be extra careful. The show is awesome but not worth dying for.

5 Likes

Do you know what the differences are with this being a “mini” show? I’ve wanted to go for years and was thinking about going this year, but it’s so expensive since I don’t live anywhere near Utah. I don’t want to spend money on the mini show and have it not be worth it, instead of waiting until next year for a possible regular show if there’s a big difference.

I’m not sure, but I think it’s just a smaller version of the regular show. They’re having all the usual events.

1 Like

I wonder if mini show means they won’t be having the special events where everyone sits at tables and they do awards and contests and such. It would be sad for that not to happen, as those kinds of things seem to be a lot of fun.

1 Like

They’re selling tickets to all those events.

2 Likes

I am confused on the tickets actually. The prices are about the same as the ones that have a full dinner but I thought I read that there is no food in the building they are using… (you can order delivery though)

Anyways I would assume they wouldnt do dinner with the events due to that? I could be wrong though.

Editing to add*
I guess they can do catering for the event part

Our “Gathering Permit” does not allow food to be sold at the show. We can bring caterers in (like we will do for the evening events), but during the day there will be no food available for sale. So, what to do? No problem, because Rancho Markets is right next door, and they have a sit-down eating area. Then, there’s a small Latino Mall next to that, with several options in the mall. There is also a C-store across the street (gas and grocery convenience store). Plus, you can always grab a limo ride back to the hotel to eat at one of the restaurants there. We are also looking into additional options for food for vendors.
Food is allowed at the venue, but food and drink (other than water bottles) is not allowed on the show floor. Because of the type of floor, food spills are too costly to manage, and the venue owner prohibits food on the court. The tables you see on the map are where food and drink (other than water bottles) must be.
Lastly, we need to mention that the venue we are renting absolutely prohibits smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises. This includes the parking lot. It is also a “family friendly” venue and show, so the expected dress and language code reflects that.
We are all looking forward to a fun-filled Rose 2022!

3 Likes