You've gotta be kidding me

I am really upset…
I received heather Saturday morning and I was really exited to start on her today and I realized after I applied a little bit of powders a yellow ochre wash and a blue and a red wash that there is a bubble in her finger!:rage: I’m so upset! I am Not sending this one back like I had to do with Megan’s head!!!that is two different first quality kits that I have received back to back that have had bubbles! Hopefully I can work around this one… I’ve put to much time into heather to send her back now​:disappointed:

Heathers finger

1 Like

Is it the pad of her finger or the little dark dot?

The dot, it’s a bubble imbedded in the vinyl

I would take a heated awl, carefully melt the bubble and put a tad of 3D thick in the hole. Then put a matte finish on that and proceed with painting. Did you try sanding it with an emery board? If it’s deep enough that might work.

1 Like

Where do I buy 3d thick? Thanks for a solution!

Are you 100% sure it’s a bubble? I had some little spots like that appear on my Irelyn after I had put on 2 coats of paint. It looks like there’s another one a little to the left of it but it might just be the picture. I got them off with a toothpick dipped in Windsor Newton.

1 Like

Yeah it is a bubble, if I put a little pressure on it it sinks in. The other thing is just how the picture took.

I got mine on Amazon. It’s called Rayher 3-D-Effekt-Lack. It’s great stuff. I used it to fix a nostril when my dremel slipped. I don’t use the dremel anymore. I use a heated awl instead. Much more control than with a vibrating hand tool.

1 Like

She hasn’t been baked at all yet either. I’m doing super lite coats

Thank you I’m going to try this if need be

You might be able to just fill it with a teeny bit of Sculpey if you have some. Poke it in the hole with a toothpick then sand and bake.

2 Likes

You might be able to just fill it with a teeny bit of Sculpey if you have some. Poke it in the hole with a toothpick then sand and bake.

You might be able to just fill it with a teeny bit of Sculpey if you have some. Poke it in the hole with a toothpick then sand or wet your finger to smooth it and bake.

Ok thank you I have sculpey I’m going to do that.

1 Like

How weird. I guess I’ve been lucky. I have never had a bubble come up on any of the kits that I have reborned.

I’ve never had a bubble appear. Just little black spots.

This is only the 4th kit I’ve purchased from BB and it’s the second to have a bubble😡

You aren’t alone. I’ve had bubbles that were already popped, making tiny craters. I’ve had a hole through the vinyl where the toenail meets the skin. And mild slit like cuts not going all the way through, just puncturing the top layer of the vinyl in the small creases, usually in the feet. You can only tell when you paint the crease and the color soaks into the defect and is very difficult to remove even if done immediately. You can feel and see it after with the point of a toothpick. It must be hard to mold detailed vinyl with 0 defects. I’ve had tiny black spots maybe once or twice, but only 1 or 2 at a time. I find for craters or slits, it is mostly in the hands and feet.

1 Like

Hi @Sierra,

Have you emailed this to our customer service department at sales@bountifulbaby.com yet? They will gladly send you a replacement free of charge. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.

I have made our Quality Control and Inspecting Facility manager aware of this to prevent it from continuing to be an issue.

Email sales@bountifulbaby.com about this and our customer service department can help you work something out.
Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you,
Emily

3 Likes