WOW check out the twins I found on ebay

I love the open eyed Rosebud. This artist is awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precious-Little … 0801915170

OMG!!! They’re awsome!!! I just ordered Rosebud and seeing the opened eyes i would love to try it. How would i keep the lids open?

— Begin quote from “littlebabies480”

OMG!!! They’re awsome!!! I just ordered Rosebud and seeing the opened eyes i would love to try it. How would i keep the lids open?

— End quote

It looks like she cut them out from the lashline to the first crease on the eyelid. I tried it once not with rosebud but I ended up throwing the doll head away…Its eye keept getting bigger and bigger!!!

Wounder if i asked her how she did it if she would tell me. With my luck i would mess it up.

I LOVE them !!! thanks so much for showing these !!!

ok, i sent her a message i’ll see if she gets back to me.

Linda, did you use a full leg body on your Rosebud?

Linda, did you use a full leg body on your Rosebud?

— End quote

Yes, I like them so much better. They can wear anything:)

Thank-You

She states in the auction that the eyes on the one twin are simply painted on the eyelid!
Hugs, Barb

Oh sorry i just looked at the pictures. Guess it’s a don’t do for me.

They are superb. I need to work on my photography I love the pics as well

Wow everything about them is superbly top notch. This is the ultimate reborn artist right here. Unbelievable.

Also makes me want to strip my rosebud!

Dear Santa…I’ll be extra special good, I promise, so PLEASE make them mine! Love them, love them, love them! How do you spell T-A-L-E-N-T? Rhonda

— Begin quote from “teaser’s girl”

She states in the auction that the eyes on the one twin are simply painted on the eyelid!
Hugs, Barb

— End quote

Now I wouldn’t have thought of that but it is a great idea, You could probably paint in the eye and root lashes on the first crease line on the eyelid…Hmm if it didnt work you could always strip it I guess.

This Artist Rachael Maynard is very well known. She and Cassie Peek did the Precious Little Baby Dust Painting and Rooting tutorials. They had a website now where you can purchase kits, supplies etc. Great DVD’s and they have new ones that they offer now. They are fairly new into the painting hair and Rachael does a superb job. Wish I had that kind of talent.

Rachel got back to me and here is how she opened the eyes

I opened the eyes with a craft scalpel and then I cut two little slivers of vinyl from the neck piece of the doll. I trimmed the edges so they tapered and wedged these into the slits and then glued them really well from the back. Then I painted the whole ‘eye’ in an off white colour and baked, then added a dark blue area for the iris, baked again ten a darker black area for the pupil. Then once baked a covered the whole eye in air dry gloss to protect it and give it sheen.I hope this makes sense and helps you.Rachel xx

Rachel got back to me and here is how she opened the eyes

I opened the eyes with a craft scalpel and then I cut two little slivers of vinyl from the neck piece of the doll. I trimmed the edges so they tapered and wedged these into the slits and then glued them really well from the back. Then I painted the whole ‘eye’ in an off white colour and baked, then added a dark blue area for the iris, baked again ten a darker black area for the pupil. Then once baked a covered the whole eye in air dry gloss to protect it and give it sheen.I hope this makes sense and helps you.Rachel xx

— End quote

She did both, cut the eye open and Painted!!!

did anyone find out how she did this? i studied those pictures for thirty minutes but i can,t figure it out.