WIP Little Maisie

I love how tiny little Maisie lends herself to that “just born” look. I am still painting her and have a few questions- How do I paint the ears? I can’t seem to master them. And do customers only like babies that are “pretty”? I’ve seen Maisie done with such sweetness, and I wanted this Maisie to look like she was just born, but maybe I should tone down her mottling? What do you think?

12 Likes

Oh thank you! Yes, that’s what I liked about this sculpt. I just wasn’t sure if it was a “sellable” look, but I wouldn’t mind keeping her if I keep her this way, and no one wants to adopt her.

I think she’s adorable x

1 Like

Thank you! Any tips on the ears?

I tend to use my creases colour and water it down a bit. I paint inside the ear canal slightly darker and then lighten the colour towards the outside of the ear canal. I put a very light coat of the same colour in the indent near the top of the ear and then treat the crease along the outer crease of the ear as a normal crease.

Did any of that make sense? I’m not always very good at explaining things x

3 Likes

Yes, it does. Thank you!!

Phew! You’re very welcome x

Aww, thank you so much! I will post her again, when I have finished all her details. :smile:

2 Likes

Looking good so far.

1 Like

Marissa, I use my creases color to paint the darker areas you see in this pic, including dabbing it onto the top part of the outer ear and on the ear lobe.

3 Likes

Ooh, your ears are AMAZING! Thank you for adding a picture! That helps. :smile:

1 Like

How are you applying it? Brush, or makeup sponge? What kind?

I apply it all with a brush and then dab it with a mop brush.

1 Like

I do like her and looks like newly born so she will be adopted for sure. Keep the mottling as is … Newborn babys skin is not perfect, they look very pink somethimes, some of them more blue , more mottled etc.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I was going for. I just didn’t know if she was too overdone.

1 Like

Add the color to her ears and she’s a perfect newborn.

1 Like

Okay, thank you so much! I will put the finishing touches on her today in between custom work. :smile: