Why Do People....?

Why do people ask for their post to be deleted once they find out the answer to their question? Isn’t the whole point for it to be saved on the forum so if someone has the same question they will be able to look it up? If everything was deleted there would be no information left for anyone to read. Original questions and answers shouldn’t be deleted.

21 Likes

Some are asking for items so no need to keep those. And recently BB shared that hosting is becoming cost prohibitive. So removing unnecessary posts help clean up the site. And many times the question has been asked repeatedly and instead of 100 posts just look to the original one with the answers.

2 Likes

I’m talking specifically about the ones where someone asked how to do something. If you are selling something and it’s no longer available then I get that. Except for the part where asking for it to be deleted is just making more work admin.

4 Likes

I wish they’d just let us delete our own topics. Much easier that way.

8 Likes

I don’t think they ever really even delete anything. Doesn’t the post just hang around forever titled found - delete or delete delete delete? Etc?

2 Likes

I don’t think they delete anything either. So I do think it is pointless to ask. But even if they did that would be creating so much extra work for them. And no one knows if someone else is going to come along and have the exact same question that they had but they won’t find it in the search if it has been deleted. Even when they change the title of it and say delete, just leave it with the original title so it can be found

4 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. No one is monitoring these posts so when someone says please delete it’s pointless.

4 Likes

I wish we could delete our own posts too.