Why do I do this?

I have three babies ready to list but they all need photo shoots. I hate doing photo shoots because I’m not good at it and I’m never really happy with my pictures. So I’m sitting here procrastinating (which I’m very good at), looking at them and thinking how cute they all are. Anybody else have this problem? If you have any suggestions on how to get past this, I’m all ears. If everything wasn’t shut down, I wouldn’t mind taking a photography class but that’s not happening right now.

8 Likes

Where do you live? I’d love to help you out, but I’m located in Mississippi, and if I’m not mistaken, you aren’t even close to me :grin:
I love photography, it’s one of favorite parts of this hobby :heart:
I tried to do portrait photography, I loved it as well, but I’m not really an outgoing person, so I found the “interacting with people” part awkward lol.

3 Likes

I’m with you @jeanhai classes new cameras hints tips nothing helps. Glad I don’t sell because I wouldn’t sell a thing. And I have 2 Photographers in the house - Men. They feel weird taking pics of dolls, lol.

3 Likes

Awww the pictures are my favorite part!!! The fun of dressing them up and posing them :heart_eyes: maybe you just need a fun new prop or something to inspire you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I am with you on this, I am not good at posing the dolls, not good with the props and not good with light and I struggle with all the fancy settings on my camera. I try hard to learn but I think it will take a while and a lot more work on my part.

2 Likes

So I don’t know if you guys have Grandkids but one of mine is really good with my iPhone camera and loves taking pics…

4 Likes

I’m in California, so that won’t work but thanks for the offer.

1 Like

I think taking the pictures is a bit of a hassle but I don’t mind doing it. And I love cropping the photos and picking the ones to use. Of course the mess I make changing outfits and props makes it look like a tornado swept through the house. Cleaning up afterwards is what I don’t like.

10 Likes

That is one thing I love about the Sony HX99 that I have, as well as many others. You can set them on auto and get excellent pics, OR if you choose, you can set all the settings yourself. To me, it allows excellent pics while learning the ins and outs of the rest of the settings, IF one should desire to learn them.

2 Likes

I have a Panasonic Lumix that do the same, but I want to learn about the ISO, focus and all that to have more control.

i just get in a room that has a lot of natural sunlight, and pose my babes usually in a carseat or in a cosleeper or something

8 Likes

Yes! Ty for posting this. I thought I wrote it. I hate taking pictures because they do not come out like other listings :cry:

I think I need more natural light and nicer props. iPhones and camera I have.

2 Likes

I’m getting a new iPhone when it comes out maybe that will have a better camera. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I love the photo shoots. I love picking out the outfits and all that stuff :slight_smile: I don’t have a nice camera, I use my cell phone that has a pretty good camera. I find it very fun after finishing a baby.

3 Likes

I love dressing them. Once, not 10 times trying to find the most flattering outfit for each particular baby. I also don’t have a lot of room or good backdrops so I have to haul out baskets, infant seats, etc., because there’s no place to leave them set up.

3 Likes

If you’re really interested in taking a class you can try out the classes on skillshare. I use the free account option, it doesn’t unlock all classes but I see there’s some photography ones.

1 Like

I’ll check that out.

I know how you feel about photoshoots, I hate taking pictures of the babies. I lay them on a blanket, take a couple of pictures and call it done. I rarely even change their clothes, too much trouble. I don’t have props, backdrops etc. and my pictures are totally boring. I don’t advertise them for sale so maybe it doesn’t matter anyway!!

I do advertise mine for sale. They sell, even without great photos, so I guess it doesn’t matter as much as I think it does.