Who is giving or receiving a reborn for the holiday this year?

Giving to

Mom
Mother of child I babysit for look like her son
Couple foster kids
Couple other people also

Donating few this year for the holidays

2 Likes

I have been working on a Tinky kit for my older daughter(40) for Xmas.
Only thing is I cant get her to stand .no matter what I do. I actually had to walk away cause I have no more ideas

1 Like

You’ll probably have to get a doll stand if you want her to stand on her own. Her head is just too heavy to stand without being supported by something unfortunately.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you. I know I’m not crazy now. I went thru so many cables try ever possible way.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, you are amazing. I don’t think I could wait. LOL I’m so happy to know about her.

1 Like

I’m in the process of making Zombie#2 who will be similar to my Morty, for my cousin. I just told my cousin that “I can’t discuss pricing until he’s finished cause I’m not sure how he’ll turn out”. Which is code for “Surprise! My Dad, his Uncle, has secretly paid for it as a Christmas gift.” :heart::heart::heart:

The second, won’t be a Christmas gift per se, but my Sister-in-law bought the Fawna kit on sale and told me to go nuts with it…just as long as it’s a Fairy. lol Which means all you Fairy makers out there…please share with me where you get your mystical wings, I’d greatly appreciate it! :revolving_hearts::blush::revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

@AmandasyReborns I don’t know about mystical wings but if push comes to shove you can get some in the Dollar Tree.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @AnnieSokay! I would never have thought of checking dollar tree. I was getting sticker shocked over some of the $60 to $80 wings I saw on Etsy and was about to go fight a Barbie doll or Baby Alive over a set of wings. lol :joy::joy::joy: Plus I was just embellishing the wings I’ve seen around on here by calling them Mystical…cause some look like there was a lot of work put into them.

2 Likes

LOL! You can embellish them, can’t wait to see what you do…

2 Likes

My Joseph 3 months asleep kit should be coming back from the painter in early December. I can’t wait!

4 Likes

Awesome @litwit don’t forget to share!

3 Likes

I wish that I had someone I knew into reborns so I can gift one, but everyone I did tell (3 people) other than my husband thinks I am crazy and my mom thinks that now since I have a daughter, I should just sell them all. Like why do I even need them? As if I can’t still like the dolls and have a kid.

I tried asking for a kit but hubby says what else? He supports the hobby greatly but I guess he wants to get me something more exciting than a kit or just money. It’s hard when you bought just about everything you wanted this year.

I love buying gifts for others and trying to get something people want or can really use/ meaningful. For myself, I guess it be like another year of me gifting myself a reborn.

6 Likes

My hubby is getting the Aria awake kit painted for me for Christmas! Here is wip pictures

7 Likes

She’s gorgeous!

Thanks

Did anyone get baby/doll things for Christmas?

I was blown away! My daughter, who had the most negative reaction got 3 outfits for my dolls. My husband listened to me complain about needles and how I wished I would have gotten forked needles and he got me some forked needles to try. My middle son got me rechargeable headlamps so I don’t have to squint while I’m rooting. I really could not believe them all! It is really nice to know that even though they don’t like these dolls and it really is NOT their thing, they still love me enough to get me something for them anyway.

Just before Christmas, I was given some Christmas funds that I got two other dolls with so I can check out two other body sizes. Then, I spent the rest of it tonight with new bodies for all the dolls. Glass beads enough for all the dolls. Hair to finish rooting the one I started plus hair for my smaller one.

This year it seems like I ended up with mostly doll things! :hushed: I am very pleasantly surprised! I hope you guys got some baby stuff or were at least able to pick some out for yourself.

Happy Holidays! Thank goodness 2020 is gone!

5 Likes

Ya know, I feel you there. I’ve got kids. These aren’t kids. They are something else entirely and I say you are never too old to like dolls!

2 Likes

I got target gift cards which went directly to baby clothes :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

My middle daughter gave me a Dolly outfit. No one has ever paid my babies any attention on Christmas before.
I painted two dolls, a chimp and a Yoda for my girls.

4 Likes

I made a reborn for a 93 year old friend who lives in assisted care. She was a close friend of my parents and is the only one left of their bunch of close friends. And you’d never guess she’s as old as she really is. Still walks outside if the weather allows and loves talking to people and communicating with her Ipad. She loved her baby

, but I think it made me feel even better than she did just seeing how much she enjoyed getting it.

9 Likes