Who is giving or receiving a reborn for the holiday this year?

I thought this would be a fun thread to start, since it seems like a lot of us are reborning a doll for someone or receiving one for the holidays.

Also, is anyone getting or giving any reborn accessories as gifts?

I’ll start-@alicekay56 is reborning Nino for me! It’s hubby’s Christmas gift to me, even though it might not be done in time. I’m so excited!

7 Likes

I think I might make one for my grandma. She is in a memory care facility and I’m wondering if she might like one.

6 Likes

I am getting one. :two_hearts: wasn’t planning on getting one I had planned on just getting a few doll kits however when I saw those big brown eyes and that contagious smile I couldn’t help myself I just had to have him. I’ve been wanting a newborn smiler anyways so it just all worked out for me in the end.

3 Likes

Does it count if I’m just hoping for baby things?

I told my family I have some dolls and will be getting an actual reborn eventually and I’d like some accessories for them. Since they have all just looked at me like I have 3 heads, I’m not hoping too much. I think my husband would be the only person that might go that route for me. :smile:

5 Likes

I’m sure she will! That’s so nice of you!

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I’ve asked for accessories as well. I’m guessing I’ll be in the same boat as you. :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to have a Black Friday blow out sale I think and unload some and also kits then I’m going to buy one from one of my favorite artists.

7 Likes

I think I might buy one for myself because my family probably has no idea that I’m into collecting and not just making :joy: probably going to wrap it and treat myself.

5 Likes

I’m making my niece and nephew their own babies for Christmas. They’ll be simple and heavily varnished. :joy:

My Scout was my Christmas gift to myself I decided. Although if another baby pops up I need THAT one will be my Christmas gift to myself :joy:

6 Likes

Our anniversary and Christmas are just two weeks apart, so hubby is getting me a reborn kit for me to paint myself as a keeper!
Now to just decide which one I want lol

4 Likes

I made Kelsey and am in the process of making Zori. Both are for Christmas gifts

2 Likes

I’m surprising my daughter with an entry level silicone for Christmas. It’s all she’s been asking for since the spring, and I’ve been telling her that there’s no way I could afford to spend $1000+ on a doll for her. But I found a seller on Etsy who pours decent silicones (visible seams, not top notch but definitely great for a beginner collector) for less than $400 so I splurged back in August. Only problem is, I bought a girl but my daughter is now begging Santa to bring her a baby boy silicone. Oops!

I’m also making a baby version of a friend of mine for her to give to her mom for Christmas. I’m using the Aster kit by Toby Morgan.

3 Likes

I am painting Raleigh as a Christmas baby for my granddaughter Lyla! I plan on making her a sweet little outfit also.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I made this Leo for my grandma honoring her great granddaughter who passed away in May this year

2 Likes

And I’m gifting this cuddle baby to my grandma who has dementia and lives alone in a nursing home.

4 Likes

I made one that I was going to sell but my mom fell in love with her so she’s getting her for Christmas!

3 Likes

I am giving 4 reborns to my (grown) daughters. I was painting Caleb for myself but he is not in a cooperative mood. I am still working on him but he will not be what I envisioned, lol.

3 Likes

Looks like it will be a good Christmas! I’m making my mom a cuddle baby. I made her a girl last Christmas, and ever since, she’s been hinting (not so subtly) that she needs a boy. I can’t complain though, I’m the one that got her hooked on reborns!

4 Likes

My husband bought me Li Li drink and wet from @pschomaker for Christmas. I am so excited. I have been so good about not opening the box and won’t open her until Christmas. Although the temptation is there. I have bought her some clothes already. Lol. I’m gifting Ben to my neighbor as a look a like for her son. I am also gifting a twin A to a friend.

5 Likes