Whining time

Dakota by bb? I must of missed your pictures!!!

1 Like

Now I really want to see!!

I know just how you feel because I am hiding my Sweetpea behind a whole lot of doll clothes so I don’t have to look at him. I did a terrible job and don’t even want anyone to tell me otherwise. We are our own worst critics, but sometimes we are the best judges of our work too. I don’t remember seeing your Dakota, but trust you to make the right decision regarding your own work. Only you know if the doll was below your standards and I respect that! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I read the title of this thread and in my mind this song started “Now it’s crying time again - your gonna leave me! I can see that far away look in your eyes…” Now if it is streaming in your head too, we can all be up a bit longer!

4 Likes

“That it won’t be long before it’s crying time.” :musical_note: @pia Now I’ll be humming that all day long. LOL

I don’t know this one!!! :flushed:

1 Like

@Pia Thanks for the song stuck in my head! Sheesh IHATE that song.
:grin:

1 Like

Here is the original version. Ray Charles did it a bit later and his is better, but Buck Owens is an Oklahoma guy and we used to hear him in person around town when I was in my teens. Cryin' Time by BUCK OWENS Original Version 1964 - YouTube

3 Likes

Oh keep it up Pia! I actually went and listened to it! Now I’ll never get it out of my head.

3 Likes

Simone, I’ll bet your being way to hard on yourself!!!

2 Likes

Let’s have a looksee!

1 Like

Yes, the warm blush is the culprit. Some people add some blue to it and others just don’t use it at all. I don’t use it at all.

I wouldn’t put any more time into them; they’re adorable. I have sold babies that I didn’t think anyone would want. You’ll be happily surprised when they sell.

4 Likes

Yes! Throw that warm blush in the trash!!! It is the devil!!! The same thing happened to me… All my first babies were ommpa loompas!!! They are cute though! I am glad we found the issue!!!

3 Likes

Yup! It was warm blush that gave my poor Somerled a perpetual sunburn. I still have it, but never use it.

3 Likes

I still have mine but it’s put over to the side. I just can’t seem to throw it out. Maybe one day I’ll close my eyes and drop it in the trash. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow!!! Lololololo I spit my coffee out I laughed so hard! I walked to my trash with a huge smile! Bad bad warm blush! I thought at first you were talking about your Kewy sculpt! I was like DAMN!!! :flushed::flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

Ya’ know, Nikki…it was used for two dolls so it’s practically a full tub of paint. I can just hear “waste not, want not” when I start to think about tossing it. :angry:

1 Like

I bought a crate of doll stuff and included was like 7 full jars!!! I couldn’t give it away!!! Lolol I don’t know what else I could do with it… ???

1 Like

I keep hanging onto mine, hoping I can use it to mix something else.

1 Like

I got some with my complete kit. I use a TINY amount with one flesh color layer. It really does warm the color up. My first two babies were orange from it, though, the second one twice. That’s how I learned about stripping and repainting.

3 Likes