Which kit?

I am going to be doing a darker AA baby and can’t decide which kit. I want her to be a 19 inch or smaller. Any suggestions for which baby would look good darker? This will a gift for a mommy who is adopting a baby from Africa. She’s actually a toddler but I’m going to use a smaller baby. I’m not going for a portrait baby, just an AA to be a keepsake.

Anna makes a beautiful African-American baby and she’s small, but so sweet! I’ve used the bi-racial vinyl before, & really don’t care much for it - I’d rather build the layers of color on the “pink/peach” vinyls now so really you can really select whatever baby you like. Shyann makes a gorgeous AA baby!

I agree with Ginny… Anna is a gorgeous AA baby…

— Begin quote from “lamafer1101”

— Begin quote from “Lollipop Cradle”

I am going to be doing a darker AA baby and can’t decide which kit. I want her to be a 19 inch or smaller. Any suggestions for which baby would look good darker? This will a gift for a mommy who is adopting a baby from Africa. She’s actually a toddler but I’m going to use a smaller baby. I’m not going for a portrait baby, just an AA to be a keepsake.

— End quote

Any kit is good for AA.

— End quote

Oh Marlen, every kit you touch turns to gold. I may be calling on you for help. I haven’t done one as dark as I’m going to do this one. All of mine have been more bi-racial.

I prefer the regular colored vinyl too. However I do like Aisha.

— Begin quote from “lamafer1101”

— End quote

— End quote

Any kit is good for AA.

Oh Marlen, every kit you touch turns to gold. I may be calling on you for help. I haven’t done one as dark as I’m going to do this one. All of mine have been more bi-racial.

— End quote

You can now buy Marlen’s tutorial/classes directly from Marlen through her FaceBook page for $11.00, or just send her a PM… She really is the AA master…

Sugar by Donna Ribert is a little bigger than the 19 inches you mentioned but I have always been very impressed when she is done in biracial tones.

Oh another baby I think would be absolutely darling as an AA or other ethnic tone baby is Maise by Marissa Mays - she is only 15" but looks very newborn

I have to agree that Marita Winter’s kits would make beautiful AA babies. And I didn’t like the biracial color and found it harder to work with. I did notice that BB released a bi-racial Shyann but didn’t know if it was the same color as the other bi-racial kits.

[size=14]Pia is right Marlen is the Master of AA babies.[/size]