What's your favorite type of painted hair?

I like 2, 4, 9 & 10. I found these online also and absolutely love them. I know they’re thicker than baby hair would be, but I still think they’re beautiful.

12 Likes

Absolutely LOOOOVE the first one that hair looks crazy real! So hope I can do that one day!

6 Likes

Emily’s doll’s hair have my eyes fooled. It looks totally realistic.

4 Likes

2 and 7 :wink:

1 Like

LOVE The first one!! I think I love the dark thick hair because that’s what all of my 7 real babies had! Thick full heads of dark locks! :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t think I did varnish first. That was years ago when I used Genesis. Back then I did varnish last. I can see how that would help though!

4 does have a little rooted patch :wink:

4 is my fav then 9 & 10… 4 is a painted and rooted combo isn’t it? will download and blow that one up for a closer look as I really like the look of it…nice work!

lovely job too @portraitjumeau (Emily)

and @DancesWithDolls, I love the top photo that you posted…BEAUTIFUL - so natural and lovely…The second one is nice too and very artsy but I love the top photo for realism…

2 Likes

#4 is my favorite but good grief woman, you are way talented!!!

5 Likes

@allhisgrace. Thank You!!!

4 Likes

I agree…hers is lovely lovely!

3 Likes

I like number 10 the best…that being said, each has its own style and something special…

2 Likes

I like 4 and 10 best. I wish I could paint hair!

2 Likes

Your painted hair is amazing! :blush: I like the artistry of them all but my personal preference is 4, 10 & 11.

3 Likes

They are all lovely and I would be happy if I could do hair like that-------but I must say------#4 is definitely my favorite!!!

1 Like

Four and eight are my favorites. But wow, any of them. As for my favorite type of painted hair, simple, any that I didn’t paint! I keep rooting over my attempts so far. I would love to paint like you do!

2 Likes

When I chose I didn’t realize all the versions were from you @allhisgrace! That is amazing in itself! Great job on all of them and so great that you are able to do so many different styles! AND painted not penciled? Amazing!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. :heart: I’m definitely in the minority because my favorite babies, and hair, is exaggerated realism. Lots of whimsy…
I think #4 is one of my personal least favorite… Now I’m a little torn on what to do with my next baby. Paint hair the way I like it best, or paint it the way the majority likes it best?

2 Likes

Is there a style of your’s that has sold better?

2 Likes

My newest babies have the dark swirly hair… It’s noticeabley different as compared to earlier babies… As my reborning changed in the last 2 years, (I’ve been reborning for 9/10 years total) it got to a point that all my babies looked a bit similar… My babies sell pretty quickly, (I sometimes have to relist once) and for more money than they have before… But maybe I should go back and do the older style of hair (like #4)
I just thought it was good to have a signature style that stood out and looked unique… But I feel like I’m second guessing now…

4 Likes