I just got an email regarding my Huxley who is listed on reborns.com. I have her priced at $850 and she comes with a very nice box opening. She has been listed for 2 weeks. Someone who is interested asked if I would be willing to lower the price because she’s ‘been on the market for a while’. Would you do it or just wait?
I would ask what they’re offering, but don’t go lower than you feel your work is worth!
If you’re willing to go lower, you could ask what their offer is. If not, just tell her no.
Since when has two weeks been on the market for awhile?
I’d leave it. If she wants it that bad she’ll pay the extra. Or consider layaway?
Huxleys don’t seem to go for cheap. You could always see how much they want to pay. If it’s reasonable, you could tell them you’d be willing to if it doesn’t sell for full price in another two weeks? The downside is they may not be in the market by then, although it would give you more time to potentially sell at full price. I don’t think yours is the most expensive one there right now as is. Kind of depends on how much you need the money right now. Would you be ok financially if it didn’t sell right away? ( Rhetorical)
I think your Huxley looked absolutely perfect so you should consider waiting a while unless you’re in a rush to sell. But I agree with the others too, as long as it’s not ridiculously lower it might be okay. Since some people have been reselling reborns it’s always good to be careful I think.
I would wait it out, 2 weeks isn’t that long and right now seems sales are a little slow since the market is flooded with so many cheap babies
I would wait and get the price you asked; she’s worth it. Don’t sell yourself short.
Nope. Pass and wait for your asking price.
I agree with some of the others who say, no, just wait. You do great work, and as someone mentioned, 2 weeks isn’t necessarily “a while” to wait in this market.
No, keep your price. Someone will buy her eventually.
I don’t think 2 weeks is a while at all. Two months might be. I had one baby that hung around for 5 years before somebody fell over the moon in love with him at a doll show and bought him. She wanted another one but hubby said only one. She called me after I was home and bought two more that she had seen at the show. She didn’t want her husband to know so I boxed them together so it wouldn’t look like a doll box. (I know. I’m wicked, but it was fun).
Hold for your price!! Too good to give in.
I allowed 2 payments and she bought her. I’m happy and sad. I might have to buy another Huxley. I’ll miss this one.
No don’t do it!! I saw your Huxley and so worth it!!!
Thank you. She did buy her after all.
I was going to say, IF you were willing to lower her price I would have let her know that she would NOT be coming home with the nice box opening!! I’m glad you didn’t have to lower her price and that she sold for you, good job!!
I’m glad, too. Her new mom is naming her Avery Rose.
Congratulations! I am glad that you didn’t lower your price.
I have 2 babies in my nursery I’ve had for years. I refuse to lower the price. I once had a doll for nearly 5 years before she sold to a tv studio. As long as its reasonable I would never lower it.
I’m glad you got what you wanted for her.