Warning- this lady asking for customs fraud

Hi ladies just finished blocking this lady from buying my dolls and contacting me. (over 14 emails on Christmas day alone!) Her Ebay name is Tatimar- she says she’s in the U.S. but she actually is in Argentina and although my auction says clearly U.S. shipping only she went ahead and did a buy it now on one doll and then asked me to cancel another bidder on another doll so she could buy her. Then she argued about shipping after I told her how much it would cost with priority flat rate- first she said she agreed to it then she changed her mind- at this point I’m like I should have cancelled her immediately. But the icing on the cake was asking me to send these"puppets" to her as a “gift” and to say only worth $80 total. I refunded her money and blocked her from contacting me or bidding and Ebay has been alerted to this. Huge fines and very illegal. So just a heads up to all. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up, Kristi!

Thank you for letting us know!!!

To my knowledge its not against the law to mark the value of your package at a lower price but if something should happen to it, the package would only be valued at the price you have marked, which would not be a good thing.

— Begin quote from “moonbeamnursery”

To my knowledge its not against the law to mark the value of your package at a lower price but if something should happen to it, the package would only be valued at the price you have marked, which would not be a good thing.

— End quote

*Source: U.S. Code: Title 13 : Section 305: Any person who knowingly submits false or misleading export information through the Shippers Export Declaration (SED) (or any successor document) shall be subject to a fine not to exceed $10,000 per violation or imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or both. *

That is why the Bountiful Baby website fills out all customs forms automatically, based exactly on what is in the order. The staff here at Bountiful Baby doesn’t do it-- the computer does it all for us.

And that also keeps everything legal for us.

Bountiful Baby

Thanks, that is good to know, I was told someone asked at the post office and that is what they were told, so this is good information, I think I will copy that and send it to anyone that asks me to change prices on the custom forms