Vinyl Putty?

I think I saw someone mention something about vinyl putty??? how does this stuff work?.. I am also a gamer and play a game with an iconic (to the game) character thatd work perfect from a doll kit… but i’d have to do some modifications… this is what the character looks like…
it would be the little guy in there, his name is Victor

1 Like

I have never modified a kit with putty, but I know some of the artists here have. Hopefully they’ll pop in with answers soon. I’ll tag some of them if I can remember who they are.

I want to tag in @jeanhai @jlesser @Katinafleming @DollChick and @anjsmiles for a start. They have good info in general and I believe most have modified kits in the past.

2 Likes

I have only used vinyl putty a few times… fix cracks in a belly plate and over the small nick in the hand of my Evelyn.

I didnt file it or anything once done cause it was on the underside of the plate or in the hard to reach place of the hand… so I have no experience with that part. I use GHSP so I did paint over the hand and it worked fine… but again in a small crease like spot… no experience in painting over it once filed or painting in a large flat area

1 Like

does it just cure onto the vinyl and is vinyl itself? i obv plan to modify the kit first before painting over it… so ive no experience with the vinyl putty to know

It is baked to set

This is from Mac’s site

1 Like

The way they say to use it is more to cover holes or cracks. Not to build a bump or area so I am not sure how it would work.

oh thank you for that!! okay then when i saw “putty” I didnt know it was more like a spread… yeah I dont think that’d work to actually mold with lol. I saw putty and assumed more like… hm… yanno, putty lol like the things we got as kids in those egg shaped containers LOL

2 Likes

I don’t know the characters, surprise, I am not a gamer, unless Candy Crush counts! The “wee” guy reminds me of Sloth in The Goonies, though. I have always been intrigued with those who play with clay/putty, etc., and make, attach fantasy ears, etc.

1 Like