Victoria soft line vinyl

Gorgeous!

1 Like

I can’t find my good photos :disappointed: I could only find some early WIP on Ilse and pretty much done, but before matting Lovelyn. I did not like Ilse much, but Lovelyn is my absolute favorite sculpt, well her face is, limbs not so much… I filled them both with plastisol so they felt very much like silicone.

Lovelyn

Ilse

4 Likes

Beautiful!! What is plastisol?

This is my Victoria. Bought 2 kits and one would not take paint. This one was easy to paint. But was a pain to assemble.

6 Likes

She’s super adorable. I love everything about her

1 Like

Beautiful!

Beautiful

1 Like

Thanks

It’s a poly-vinyl material, it’s what they make those jelly feeling fishing lures and some toys and stuff out of. It feels like soft silicone, but it doesn’t negatively affect vinyl and it’s pretty inexpensive, like $30 for a gallon, which lasts multiple babies. It comes in a liquid, you just heat it until it turns clear and pour it into limbs and such and let it set, when it cools it gets firm and squishy. The setting is the worst part, trying to keep the limbs upright so it fills and sets in the right areas. I love it, I use it in a lot of my more expensive reborns.

3 Likes

Oh thanks I will surely be getting some!!!:grinning:

1 Like

I think I need to check out plastisol.

1 Like

I would pay about $1,100 for this baby.

I don’t know market value per se but I know that this type of vinyl is much softer than others and I also know it will hold up much better than silicone. The last piece of the price in my own head is based on the style of the paint and hair.

3 Likes

Thank you! You all been a big help. I can’t find any on reborns.com to compare her to.

1 Like

How well does the head fit on? I tried making Codie a few years ago but hubby could never get the head on without it having a super long neck. Ended up selling it as a boo-boo baby instead of keeping it. Is Victoria better? Yours is beautiful!

1 Like

Yeah hers is good. At first I wondered if we was doing it right lol. I hope we did. She kinda doesn’t have a neck lol😬

Just watched a video of assembling Victoria. She has a totally different neck it looks like. Codie had a neck that went up into the head. If I remember right, it ended up with about 3” of neck. Tried everything.

1 Like

Lol oh no! I will remember not to get Cody! I’m wanting to do Lovelyn next.

Lol, just spent money on BB sale but I may try Victoria next! Needed all the extras to assemble some babies! Wouldn’t be so bad if my oldest daughter hadn’t talked us into making terrariums together when we were down there so yet another hobby! Hubby wants me to downsize number of hobbies, not increase them! Bonding time with my adult girls and time with grandkids made it all worthwhile. Plus an excuse to go to a rock shop for pretty rocks!

1 Like

I love her! I might not be willing to sell. Lol I want to keep most of my babies

1 Like

Always keep the ones you love. Even if you do run out of room! My “doll” room has never occurred…has a handicapped neighbor boy/man living in it . Poor babies are downsized way too much right now!

1 Like