Unhappy BB Customer (LONG) PICTURES INCLUDED

Hey guys, I just need to vent and maybe BB will read this and take this into consideration. Please tell me if I’m wrong.

BB has always provided me with great customer service. Well, this time around was different. About two months ago, I ordered a Blaze kit and when I went to reborn the kit, I realize that the left palm had a cut in it. I contacted them and sent them pictures and they sent me a replacement limb. When I got the replacement limb, it had the SAME EXACT defect. I then contacted them and sent pictures of BOTH limbs. They did some investigating and told me that ALL THE BLAZE HANDS has the SAME DEFECT and offered me a replacement of another limb or refund.

Fast forward to today…I ordered a Kimber kit about two weeks ago. I checked to make sure that everything was okay as soon as I pulled it out of the box. BUT I forgot to check all over the hands. So, I painted the head, legs and went to paint the arms and realized that it WAS THE SAME EXACT LIMBS AS BLAZE and so it had the cut/ slit in the palm. I didn’t realize that kit shared limbs with Blaze. So, I have THREE defected right limbs. I then contacted BB…

Long story short, they told me that I have to send back the ENTIRE kit for a refund. I told them how they offered me a refund or replacement the last time and that they found that ALL of the BLAZE limbs had a defect. Customer Service still told me that I needed to refund it all even when I told them that I already painted the head and the legs and I just need the arms replaced. I even sent a copy of the previous conversation or the Blaze kit when I had the same issue. They still only offered to refund if I sent the entire kit. So basically, I ended up paying for a kit with a defected arm and couldn’t use the arm and had to use arms for another kit, I really did not expect that and though that I would get a replacement.

SO, IF YOU ORDER A KIT AND IT HAS THE SAME ARM AS THE BLAZE OR KIMBER KIT, DO NOT PAINT IT OR DO NOT GET IT AT ALL.

Picture is the kit with Shyann hands and the other picture is the cut/slit in the palms.

1 Like

I get that you put all the work into painting and are frustrated but I also get that BB can not get their own credit for the kit unless they send the whole kit back to the factory. SO don’t be too hard on them for that.

2 Likes

I understand. So do you think they should pull all of those defected arms out of their inventory or continue selling them. Now when I purchase a kit, I have to be extra careful not to be stuck with that same limb.

1 Like

I agree with Angie. If I were in your position though (having already started on the head and legs) I would keep it and work around the slit. Maybe it could be filed down.
I do hope they will pull all the defective limbs.

3 Likes

I would think they would pull them so they can either send them back to the factory for replacements or sell them as 2nds or 3rds parts/kits. I just think that there has to be a reason why they are needing the whole kit returned because otherwise they would be accomodating you. Their customer service has always been so top notch that it would not be without reason is all I am saying…

I agree though if I were in your position I would just get replacement arms and keep going with the baby or try to fix that and sell as a boo boo baby.

1 Like

I definitely think they should pull them and send back or sell as seconds-- or at least take a photo of the slit and in any kit that uses those limbs mention that it has this slit and show a.close up picture of it so people will know before ordering if that is a deal breaker or not

3 Likes

If they ask you for the entire kit, there’s probably a reason for it. Most likely to complain to the factory.

1 Like

They might not have any spare arms and have to return the whole kit to the factory in order to get their own refund. That’s a pretty noticeable defect. Since the limbs are used for multiple dolls I’m surprised it wasn’t picked up on their inspection.

2 Likes

Hi pipgirl_el

Thanks for the feedback and the pics.
We apologize if you ordered first quality and received a second quality part.
Our quality assurance team is normally very good at catching issues like this.

We appreciate your comments too, it is especially nice when it is something we know we can improve on. I will make sure your post makes it up the line in customer service for proper reimbursement.

Thanks again for the feedback,
BB Support.

12 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding everyone!

1 Like