TRYING.....Etsy traffic

Listed this little guy on Etsy after trying 4x to sell him on Evilbay with no luck…well, after 2 days, only FOUR people have even looked at the listing. Very discouraging. Where ARE we supposed to sell these babies???

This item is unavailable - Etsy … rom-karens

It’s just that the market is flooded now and the fad is passing too. You will always have doll collectors but even they have room for only so many dolls.

heres one of the pages on facebook for selling babies…Facebook - log in or sign up … lsforsale/ …

I belong to a few of those reborn groups, so trying that, too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sadly, I have to agree about the market being flooded and perhaps interest is waning – reborns have been around for a long time now and yes, people want quality babies for next to nothing. Very discouraging.

A few weeks ago, FB was closing accounts if they found that the account was used for selling…lots of reborners had theirs closed and lost all their contacts. ACK!!! I changed mine so it hopefully doesn’t look like it’s just there for the purpose of selling babies.

Here’s a link to my FB wall – this is my reborning wall, if anyone wants to friend me. Thanks!

Karen in Florida, I’m curious about your statement regarding Facebook closing reborner’s accounts because they were selling. There are many many pages that sell and advertise items and services. They offer ways to promote your page by paying for it or suggest ways to get more likes. I’m just curious if this is really the reason they were shut down…

It was a couple of weeks ago and reborners were on FB saying that their accounts had been deleted by FB and they had to open new acocunts. As Ludmilla said, have to have a “real name” on FB or they will delete the account…I guess IF and/or WHEN they run across it. Can you imagine how long it would take to go through all those hundreds of thousands of accounts??? YIKES!!! I changed mine from “Karen’s Kreations” to just my name and it’s still there, although I’ve not actually sold a doll through FB – I DO, however, post links to Etsy and Evilbay from time to time when I have a baby up for sale.

— Begin quote from “kgeorge957”

Karen in Florida, I’m curious about your statement regarding Facebook closing reborner’s accounts because they were selling. There are many many pages that sell and advertise items and services. They offer ways to promote your page by paying for it or suggest ways to get more likes. I’m just curious if this is really the reason they were shut down…

— End quote

A PAGE and a personal account are 2 different things… People “like” a page and request “friends” on a personal page. A PAGE is okay for posting business type stuff…a personal account is NOT.

Thanks for the explanation, Pia, helps a lot!

Wish I knew how to turn mine into a PAGE. I do not want to start over – I already have a personal account for friends and family, so the Karen’s Kreations one is mainly just for reborning friends and contacts and I have a boatload of pictures and albums there.

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

Thanks for the explanation, Pia, helps a lot!

Wish I knew how to turn mine into a PAGE. I do not want to start over – I already have a personal account for friends and family, so the Karen’s Kreations one is mainly just for reborning friends and contacts and I have a boatload of pictures and albums there.

— End quote

I think that when FB changed Kym George’s (surprised her) that all of the former “friends” became “likes” on the new page… She didn’t have a personal page and she had to reconstruct that for herself… You might PM her and ask how to do it?