True confessions

Ok, Ladies, new topic—What is the most outrageous reborn related thing you’ve done? (I’m still thinking of mine)

I have madly dug through the pile of little boy boxers at St. Vincent de Paul looking for a size to fit my Stinker!

Probably like the other girls said- just putting the photos on facebook people think im weird probably when a new picture pops up on the wall and its of a reborn… but i have my page on my fb too so maybe not but they probably think that

michelle lmao at the monkey thing omg =)))

Well lets see - Stef and I have taken them to the stores ,flea market ,filled a pram and strolled the mall ,do a display every year at the fair and Have had one of our dolls in a PLAY-
I LOVE taking them out !!!
The most out ragious thing I ever did was take one up to the hospital when my Mother-in law was there and the nurses ask if they could barrow it for a min-first they freeked out the head nurse and told her they FOUND an abandoned baby and then She took it and went to recovery where another nurse had just had her appendex out and was just starting to wake up -they told her when they got in there they found she was Pregnant and heres her baby -poor things like no I dont want a baby!!!
It was mean -but heck-a–funny !!!

— Begin quote from “Cher_Simnitt”

The most out ragious thing I ever did was take one up to the hospital when my Mother-in law was there and the nurses ask if they could barrow it for a min-first they freeked out the head nurse and told her they FOUND an abandoned baby and then She took it and went to recovery where another nurse had just had her appendex out and was just starting to wake up -they told her when they got in there they found she was Pregnant and heres her baby -poor things like no I dont want a baby!!!
It was mean -but heck-a–funny !!!

— End quote

Cher - that is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

Oh ya ! Those Nurses have a dark side for sure !!! They had WAY to much fun !!!LOL

I take my mom with me sometimes when I shop for baby clothes, When I am checking out she makes sure the person checking us out knows that I make dolls and thats what all the baby clothes are for…LOL I always say Mom you dont have to be embarrassed about your having another baby. Nobody will care…She is 80 LOL

See I would stick a pillow under her shirt and really freek um out !!!LOL

Ok TRUE CONFESSIONS …I do have a bit of a hoarding issue and have a 3 bedroom two bath double wide mobile home that is my Studio and …yea its FULL
Master bedroom -king bed and two 6 drawer dressers full of baby clothes-two full size closets ,one with blankets (on hangers)and one full of hang up clothes
Middle room is the girls room and has a white wicker twin bed a wicker dresser ,shelf and two mirrors and another dresser (antique but not wicker) and the pram -Closet full of bumper pads and boppys for posing,dressers full of baby clothes and I have a 6 drawer plastic dresser thing for sox,bibs and hats and onsies
The last bedroom is for the boys and has a double bed (I want out of there) a dresser ,a crib and change table -Dresser is full I also have alot of fabric and sculpting stuff and kits
I am working on weeding thru the baby stuff and only keeping the new and really /really nice stuff -Ok now you know the truth !!!

As I go thru stuff Ill keep my eyes out for you !!!-I do have a couple sets that I just bought but will be using -Sorry

Well I am in intervention !!!LOL-my Sister is making me purge and I have already gotten rid of a huge black bag of stuff-I am not letting go of any baby shoes thou !!!LOL (I have a real thing for them !!!)When my youngest was a baby she had 43 pairs at one time and over 100 dresses and pants sets -washed them all by hand too !!! she never wore the same outfit to church twice I dont think and I clothed all the baby girls in our church for several years-My son also had tons of cute clothes but face it 20-25 years ago they had very little that was cute for boys -
When Kayla ( my youngest) was 3 she wanted a Bell dress for her Birthday (Beauty and the Beast ) My Mom Sewed a pink rose dress and I hand painted a Bell with the rose on a pink pinafore-wish I would have saved that dress !!!

Wish shipping was not soooo expencive -I could send ya my weed outs

I well get back to you when I go thru more stuff !!!

I bought a rooted painted Chaz. I got his body all assembled and then I was stumped as to what size of clothing to put on him.My son is 31 so I had NO baby clothes. I took him to Wal Mart thinking if i went early in the morning he would not be seen by many people and I could try something on him. Well I was holding him facing away from me with him drapped over my arm. His head and arms were being supported by my spread fingers.I noticed a rather large black male following me. I took a turn down an isle thinking he would not keep following me yet he did. I stopped turned and confronted the male. Asking “Is there a problem? Why are you following me?” He looked at Chaz and got the strangest expression. For a few seconds there was silence. He finally found his voice and said, "Oh my God you got a monkey not a baby!’ I said of course “I would not hold a baby like this.”
The only other thing is when I finished my Libby she had hair issues bad. I took her to town in hopes of catching a friend who styles hair, for some help. My friend as luck would have it was not in that day.I had her laying in the front seat of my truck, never got her out,and completely forgot she was there. I had done all of my errands and went to the Murphy’s gas station to fill up before I went home. As I was pumping fuel in my truck a lady walked up to me and asked why my baby was not in a car seat. I looked at her and said pardon . What did you say? She said she was in the booth and saw my baby not in a car seat as I drove by. As I said earlier my son is 31 and a police officer so I told her “Mam I don’t have a baby.” Now she looks to be getting agitated. She said “Yes, you do. Up here in the front seat.” By this time she had walked to the passenger side of my Dodge Ram and was peering into the window. I walked around there to see what the heck she was talking about. Low and behold I see Libby laying in the seat. I laughed and told her that is no baby she is a doll. I take Libby out and hand her to the woman. Looking back I think I am lucky she did not call me the idiot she was clearly thinking I was forgetting my baby. My husband and I have had a good laugh over both incidents.

I love this topic ladies! I LOVE baby clothes!!! I am a true addict!!! I love Gymboree, Children’s PLace, Babies R Us, which I hit about once a month! When I reborn a new baby she or he must have a new outfit on! I have bought more then I bought my own kids! My children are grown up now, but no grandkids yet Ebay is another way of finding beautiful baby outfits! I love the Kissy Kissy brand, Cache Cache… YES, I am so addicted to baby clothes! Thank you for making me come out of my closet!

Wow!!! You guys sure make me feel much better. I thought I was the only one hoarding clothing. My keeper Tibby has a huge bin full, clothes on hangers in the closet and a box full of shoes and boots. Not to mention a big box with all her toys. I even find myself saying --Geez, I wonder what Santa will bring Tibby for Christmas? (I already know) My family will call me crazy!! Oh, well, there could be worse things. I could be gambling it away.

My weirdest thing was probably back when I was reborning Berenguers and I took a head with me to Lowes to try to find a PVC piece that would fit and serve as a neck flange. Here I stood in the plumbing section jamming PCV connectors in the neck opening trying to find one that fit right. Thank goodness no one saw me!

Isn’t it amazing how the rest of the family gets pulled in to reborning? My fingers are not nearly long enough to put eyes in to my babies. Hubby has that job. My problem is when he deploys again and goes on active duty,Who will be my eye person then?

ok thank you Linda! I don’t know why I did not think of those, duh in my line of work, that should be a nobrainer.

I recently started inserting eyes from the front. WAY easier and faster. I will only do from the back of I absolutely have to.

I insert the eyes when the head is hot, but cool enough that I can handle it. They went in very easily. I could kick myself for not trying it sooner…