Traveling Pants Round 3

Ok!!! I will! @dinokc get out those needles! Make a baby hat!!! :heart:

4 Likes

My advice would be don’t buy the Boye brand. They have teeth on the end that make it more difficult and frustrating. Any other brand will be fine. They are pretty cheap too, the introductory looms. I am learning to crochet, I really like it.

4 Likes

What drew my attention to them was a piece on the local news in it they had an older man using one to make hats for the babies in the hospital .
It looked like it would be much quicker then the traditional knitting that I had been taught and have been meaning to give it a try .

4 Likes

Yes! I’ve seen that. Anything that can be made with needles can be made on a loom. I have a group on FB called loom knitting addicts if you want to join and check out some people’s work.

3 Likes

Thanks but I steer clear of Facebook even my family cant get me to join up lol a big bone of contention sometimes :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry Folks looks like I have horned in on a post about the pants box not my intention to change the subject at all !!

4 Likes

No worries! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My gramma taught me to crochet as a child. Out of 14 randchildren i have, (most are still too little)only 1 has wanted to be taught. I think like canning your own food, butchering your own meat, it is one of those dissapearing ideas. Shame…i taught myself to knit and never got very good at it, just never take the time to practice i guess because i prefer things i can accomplish quick, and it is still slow for me…because of lack of practice.lol. :blush:

5 Likes

If and when I do get a loom and try one I will make my own little post :smile: and you all can join me if you have one lol

5 Likes

You are right lol, and I do not think anyone knows better than you the ins and outs of this awesome traveling pants interchange.

1 Like

These are the ones she gave me. For all I know they probably aren’t for people just starting lol. I’ve said I was going to take a class it’s been 2 or 3 years since she gave them to me. So I guess I’ll be following those links.

2 Likes

I taught myself to can bc I had so many kids at home it was basically a requirement. The only kids that learned how though is my 13 year old and my 19 year old. Everyone else has little red hen syndrome lol

3 Likes

28%20PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yep that’s exactly it lol.

1 Like

What’s red hen syndrome? :thinking:

2 Likes

I would have no idea what to do with those!!! Lol # clueless

2 Likes

Cliffs notes version: It’s a children’s story about a little red hen who was baking bread. No one would help her but when the bread was finished they all showed up wanting to eat.

5 Likes

Mother’s cliff notes. Buy the food, Cook all the food, clean all the dishes and all the kids disappear BUT as soon as it’s time to eat they appear and in my case usually they had a couple of friends with them too. They got better about it though lol

5 Likes

Oh!!! My husband has that!!!

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like