Summer Baby Exchange!

September 1-6th. I will post pics after everyone receives their babies.

— Begin quote from “MyFriendLizzy”

September 1-6th. I will post pics after everyone receives their babies.

— End quote

Okay… it is a ways off then…

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

OMG…and here I’ve been hoping that maybe Etsy would be the way to go – guess not. Gee.

I hesitated to say what I did about the swap situation, but I really think people should know what can and HAS happened – I feel as if I know so many here, but in reality, we don’t really know each other at all. I tend to want to trust people but I got over that in a big hurry when I opened that box. I am not the only one it happened, too, either. Just so everyone knows and is willing to go ahead and take whatever they get.

— End quote

If it is the doll I remember, it was the very reason I chose not to participate in these…and I believe I know which doll you got Karen - it was clearly not a reborn.

— Begin quote from “grammyjladr”

Oh yeah I was bright enough to figure out not to use dirt.OMG! Bad baby maker! I’d be suspect of her mothering slkills too I’d say. LOL!

— End quote

The glass beads that I use are actual beads and are round (not crushed glass). I do double the nylon stocking in the body and in the head. I use poly pellets and glass beads in the body and glass beads and poly fill in the limbs (sealed after filling so the beads can’t come out)… Some folks use BBs. I don’t think there is anything wrong with using play sand in your babies, but the babies cannot be sent out of the US if they contain sand.

I use poly pellets, fine glass (in the limbs only) and I do use bb’s. I have never experienced bb’s rusting and I have been using them for 10 years. I mix them with my poly pellets to give a little extra weight. They are heavier per piece so you don’t have to add much.

Nope… BBs don’t rattle… I have used them mixed with poly pellets in the body (like Kim) and they feel the same (except for the weight… Since they are in a nylon stocking, they can’t rattle against each other anyway…

Ditto to what Pia said.

Well the time has come and babies are in the mail! I will be posting more pics soon! But here is a sneak peek of the baby I made for the exchange! She is by far the best baby I have made, and I’m a little sad to see her go! But I know her new mommy will love her oh so much!

You did a nice job on Scarlet… I am anxious to see everyone’s babies…

Thank u lollipop cradle he is so cute well post pics tomorrow.Patrick is what his name well stay .hes just so cute and all stuff that came with him is just adorable he well be well loved.

Oh goody… they are already arriving!!

— Begin quote from “fallnangelmama”

Thank u lollipop cradle he is so cute well post pics tomorrow.Patrick is what his name well stay .hes just so cute and all stuff that came with him is just adorable he well be well loved.

— End quote

I am so glad to hear that he made it safe and sound. Shipping babies always make me nervous. And I am so glad you like him.

Great job ladies!!

— Begin quote from “Windeec”

I really rather missed this whole post and just read through it.
Lovely Lizzy, what a wonderful thing for you to organize for those wanting to be part of a swap. It is a dedication of time, organization, planning, and making sure that everyone plays fairly. I am truly blown away by your generosity and selflessness.

Now, since I just discovered the post, I won’t have to wait to see the display of swapped dolls, so in those terms, my timing was just perfect!

(in one of your earlier posts you had been gravely ill and hospitalized; I am so happy that is in your “ago” and not in your “now”)

— End quote

Thank you so much! I tried to be as organized, and really thought it through. We started out with 8 ladies and ended with 5. Which I think is still a very good turn out. The ladies were amazing, and did such a beautiful job with their babies. I plan on doing the “Summer Baby Exchange” every year! I am very proud of my baby, and proud that I got her done on time, with two hospital stays, almost dying, and a surgery! I am usually the biggest procrastinator! lol

I would say this whole processes went above and beyond my expectations!

Sorry I have been crazy busy catching up on all my projects! Here is how things went…

So glad it was a success! I tried to view the photo but couldn’t get it bigger. Hoping the new mommies post a few shots too! They look great!

I will upload bigger individual pics today I just have to resize them.

Very happy for all involved that it was so successful!

Here are the bigger pics…