Summer Baby Exchange!

— Begin quote from “MyFriendLizzy”

Yes, you will find issues with everything you do in life. I am sorry to hear that so many ladies have had so many unpleasant issues. I am hoping to do this exchange on a regular basis. I have already come up with things to add to the ENTRY FORM for next time, experience level, and a code of ethics (i.e. no sand as a filler, quality materials, etc.). I will be emailing a CODE OF ETHICS in my first email to those who have signed up. For those who do not play by the rules will NOT be aloud to participate the next time around. I am hoping that the way that I set this up, that EVERYONE who participates to the fullest receives a baby in return. I would like to participate as well, but if I have to, I will just moderate the exchange and make sure that everything runs smoothly. Or more than likely, I will have the “wild card” baby. Just in case there is an issue with someones baby (lost in the mail, etc.), there will be a back up baby to replace it if needed. This is meant to be FUN and not at all stressful. If anyone thinks that their reborning skills are not “good enough” yet, I am here to help you! You can send me pics, I can give you critique, as well as provide tutorials for specific techniques you might need help with. Exchanges like this remind my of a Christmas gift exchange…you go out trying to find the best gift, wrap it up all pretty, and once the recipient opens it up and gets that warm fuzzy feeling that they just received something special. This is a gift from one artist to another. Let us all be grateful for the experience and the gift of giving. I am very dedicated to these kinds of things, I like things to be very organized, and I have pretty thick skin, so I’m not worried about getting my feelings hurt. If everyone follows the rules, there should be no problems. I will be monitoring things very closely. After everyone receives their NEW baby, I will be posting the “FINISHED” pics of each baby, the artist, and who received the baby, on both forums! Hope this helps some of you who are not sure yet.

— End quote

It sounds like you have a “plan” and hopefully it will work and everyone will be happy with the swap… If they aren’t, it won’t be for lack of effort on your part… Hope you will let the forum know how many participants there are in your first swap…

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

I am so sorry to hear you feel this way about BB. As far as there being liars, thieves and bad people, they are every where. I have been here for little over a year and I love most of the ladies here. I have had periods when thru specific intent or not I had my feelings hurt. But I was a member some where else and there was so much drama there I won’t go back. I just have cried my tears and had so many ladies encourage me in my journey, esp with my Buddy dying, me being sick and Midnight grieving also. I so look forward to opening my forum every day to see what is going on. I will swap with any one and to be honest if I got one someone had just not loved I would redo him/her and love him/her too. I have never taken any baby I received from a swap apart so I am curious as to why the people who have found these things took them apart in the first place. Was it to look for faults or was something not right? i would not want my baby going to someone who would go looking for faults. My cousins son has Downs Syndrome and our family accepted a long time ago that you do not have to be “perfect” to be loved.

— End quote

I did not have to LOOK for faults with the doll I received, believe me. I am well aware that we all have to start somewhere and would have gladly accepted a doll from someone that even looked as though they made an effort to actually make a doll. I’m a teacher, a little bit of effort goes a long way with me. The reason I took that doll apart was because she arrived FILTHY, matted hair, dirty clothing, muddy shoes…not to mention the thing weighed a TON. So I was curious as to what sort of weighting materials might have been used. Maybe I’m a crummy human being for wondering, but hey, curiosity got the best of me, so I took it apart to find the doll filled with DIRT. I was stunned and disgusted beyond belief. I ended up RE-reborning her and she lives here with me, my reminder that something good came from something awful.

I will not speak on this subject again as I can feel resentment – that’s fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. All I am saying is enter at your own risk and until or unless something happens to YOU, you won’t know how it feels to be on the receiving end.

I sure will Pia. I have 6 signed up so far, with 10 days left to enter. I will post the final count in 10 days, and also the final count when it is over just to see how many followed through to the end, but NO names. Hopefully if anyone hits a snag along the way, I can try to help them make the deadlines

Sorry to hear about that Karen. In this exchange, those who have completed a baby have to send me the final pics of the baby, pics of it in the shipping box, and pics of the box sealed with return address on it. Until I SEE this, that’s when they will get the address of the recipient. By any means if I see a baby in the condition you described, that person would not be allowed to ship or receive at that point. That is unacceptable in my book!!

I will put this in the email with the CODE OF ETHICS. But I will also include that I need to see those things. And for the next “Exchange” I will include all of this on the “ENTRY FORM”

Sorry to hear about that Karen. In this exchange, those who have completed a baby have to send me the final pics of the baby, pics of it in the shipping box, and pics of the box sealed with return address on it. Until I SEE this, that’s when they will get the address of the recipient. By any means if I see a baby in the condition you described, that person would not be allowed to ship or receive at that point. That is unacceptable in my book!!

— End quote

I hope you are drawing those names out of a hat or something and proving to everyone that it was a random selection process for the babies and the recipients… I can see problems occuring if you are choosing who gets which baby…

Yes! I was thinking of posting a You/Tube video of this, just to show that it will be a fair process!

Yes! I was thinking of posting a You/Tube video of this, just to show that it will be a fair process!

— End quote

Good idea…

A video might not be a bad idea. Terrible that it has to be done. Just don’t release the video till the babies are all delivered.

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

A video might not be a bad idea. Terrible that it has to be done. Just don’t release the video till the babies are all delivered.

— End quote

Hey DJ… How are you feeling??

Last day for sign ups if you are interested! I have a total of 5 ladies participating! YAY! I will be sending emails out sometime over the weekend. My sis is visiting from Maryland and will be with me this weekend, so we have lots of fun stuff planned. I already have my sculpt picked out and I can’t wait to start!!!

Just wanted to touch base with everyone! Sent out emails today, so let me know if you didn’t receive one so I can verify your email! First deadline is June 15th. I have attached pics here as well as in email of what is due! The first is the silly picture of ME, showing that I have the baby I will use in the exchange and that it is in my possession! Second picture shows that I have all the BASIC materials needed to complete my baby. These items are all new, un-used, QUALITY material! You can pick up extra things for your baby along the way (outfits, blankies, paci’s, etc.). So far we have a total of 6 ladies participating, C.O.R.A. members have 3 more days to sign up! I hope you all are as excited as I am!!!

Scarlet! Seems too complicated for me. I’d rather make a baby and send it off, lol.

I know there were issues with different skill levels, and some people humiliating their swap baby maker’s abilities… Watching, maybe this will be kept neutral enough to work!

Just wanted to say I think you have it well planned out and all will go well with this swap.

Thank you! I can’t wait to see the step-by-step process!! If all goes well, ALL 8 ladies will be very happy with the results!!

Just a REMINDER!!! Check point #1 Kit/Supplies pictures are due TODAY!!! I sent out emails to everyone!!!

ALRIGHTY!!! We are already down to 6 lovely ladies! Each has submitted pictures of their kits and supplies. Some people wanted to see which kits were being used for this exchange, so I put a collage together for everyone! This is the only pictures I will release during the exchange, UNTIL after it is complete and everyone has received their exchange baby!

Curious to hear how the exchange babies are coming along… I have forgotten what the mailing date is supposed to be so we can know when to expect pictures??

So far we started out with 8 ladies and we are now down to 5. Two ladies had to back out due to family/personal issues which is understandable, and they were great at communicating with me. I hope that they will be able to join again next year. We have two more check points before the babies are to be mailed. We have one baby that is pretty much finished and the rest of the babies are just needing hair and assembly. I will be working on my baby most of today. I consider myself a little behind. I was really sick for 10 days and in the hospital for half that time. Come to find out I could have died. So I’m trying to get back into the sing of things. The ladies have been great with meeting deadlines, and their productivity. I am very pleased with this exchange so far.

What is the mailing date???