Stolen photos on fb. How to remove them

Hi

I wanted to make a post for everyone to read so they know what to do in these situations.

I was recently told my photos were being used on a FB scam page to try to “sell.” my doll. Thank you to the lovely lady who reached out and let me know.

But see. This is where it gets hard. FB doesn’t just let you click and tell them that the photo is stolen. That isn’t even an option under regular reporting.

So this is what to do if your photos are stolen.

1. copy the link to the photos.
  2. make sure YOU are the photos original creator. You can’t report for someone. You have to let them know so they can do it
  3. go to the FB help center and use the search function. Find copyright. If you can’t find that you can also do it under theft of intellectual property.
    4( this will bring up a link to a form to fill out. Filll it out. Yes. They ask for a lot of info. Full name. Address. Phone. Proof of stolen photos.

Then wait. They will email you to tell you they got it. And once they do. Go to thx bottom of the page and reply with proof. Be it links to where you sell. Any place that shows the photo belongs to you.
In my case I showed them screenshots of the photos I had posted along with the date I posted them. Compared to the scammer it was obvious I had created the doll years before.

Then wait.

They removed the photos from the scam sites as soon as they got my information.

I hope this helps.

19 Likes

Thank you for this info. I would not have had a clue what to do.

2 Likes

I didn’t when it happened. I had to do a lot of digging to figure it out. That’s why I figured a post would help since so many of us are in the same situation of stolen photos by these scammers.

3 Likes

So glad you found a way to get FB help! Their customer service/support sucks

3 Likes

I’m relentless. Companies can’t get one over on me. I told them flat out I have a lawyer and if they don’t remove them then I will find someone who will. Lol

4 Likes

Good to know, thank you!

2 Likes

That’s good to know but for myself I wouldn’t be able to do that if my life depended on it----not computer literate, you guys are al so talented when it comes to technology!

4 Likes

I just think its important we look out for each other. With so many scammers we need t do what we can to protect each other.
If your pictures are ever stolen please let me know. I’m happy to do the process for you to get them taken down. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s very kind of you. I’ll keep it in mind for sure.

1 Like