Stinker's leg fell off

I put him together last week, he has only been gently handled, but his leg just fell right off. The joint came out of the fabric of the leg cap. I don’t even know how to repair it other than purchasing another body and I don’t want to keep buying bodies if this is going to happen. Stinker is a keeper (my teenage daughter reborned him) so thankfully he was here in my home. But now I’m afraid to sell any of my babies. I contacted BB a couple of days ago but haven’t gotten a response. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions for how I can keep it from happening again (other than not handling him at all)?

It sounds like the cable tie was too loose. There is a fine line between too loose and too tight. You want it loose enough to allow for limbs to move but not so loose as to fall off. To repair it just cut off the old cable tie and replace it with another cable tie. BB sells the cables ties and it is a good idea to have some on hand for such accidents.

— Begin quote from “Lollipop Corner”

I put him together last week, he has only been gently handled, but his leg just fell right off. The joint came out of the fabric of the leg cap. I don’t even know how to repair it other than purchasing another body and I don’t want to keep buying bodies if this is going to happen. Stinker is a keeper (my teenage daughter reborned him) so thankfully he was here in my home. But now I’m afraid to sell any of my babies. I contacted BB a couple of days ago but haven’t gotten a response. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions for how I can keep it from happening again (other than not handling him at all)?

— End quote

If you used the BB “Email Us” form on the website, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you CORRECTLY enter the answer to the challenge question on that email form. It will ask you:

Please enter the first five letters of the alphabet, and only the first five letters of the alphabet, all in lowercase.
This is to prove you are a human, and not an internet spam bot.

You MUST answer that question, and answer it correctly, or no email is sent. And then you must click the OK button.

A lot of people do not complete the form correctly, and no email is sent.

Our customer service computer has no record of any emails from the email address associated with your forum account. You probably did not finish the email form properly. Please try again, or else send the email directly to "sales@bountifulbaby.com", without using the email form. If you use the email form, follow through all of the way to the end, until it tells you that the email was sent. If it does not tell you the email was sent, then it was not.

Bountiful Baby

Are you talking about the plastic joint where the fabric hip cap meets the body? If so, I had that happen and the fabric for the cap had a slit it in and allowed the joint to slip out of the leg cap.

— Begin quote from “bbsupport”

— Begin quote from “Lollipop Corner”

— End quote

If you used the BB “Email Us” form on the website, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you CORRECTLY enter the answer to the challenge question on that email form. It will ask you:

Please enter the first five letters of the alphabet, and only the first five letters of the alphabet, all in lowercase.
This is to prove you are a human, and not an internet spam bot.

You MUST answer that question, and answer it correctly, or no email is sent. And then you must click the OK button.

A lot of people do not complete the form correctly, and no email is sent.

Our customer service computer has no record of any emails from the email address associated with your forum account. You probably did not finish the email form properly. Please try again, or else send the email directly to "sales@bountifulbaby.com", without using the email form. If you use the email form, follow through all of the way to the end, until it tells you that the email was sent. If it does not tell you the email was sent, then it was not.

Bountiful Baby

— End quote

Thanks. I will resend and try to send a picture as well.

Edited: I just tried again using the email-us form on the website. It did not give me a challenge question. The message was simply gone when I clicked send e-mail at the bottom of the form.

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

Are you talking about the plastic joint where the fabric hip cap meets the body? If so, I had that happen and the fabric for the cap had a slit it in and allowed the joint to slip out of the leg cap.

— End quote

Yes. That’s what has happened. The joint is still attached to the body part. The hip/leg cap is attached to the leg.