Silicone AND vinyl in one reborn doll?

Not possible. Some people use that to convince buyers that they are buying a silicone baby which is seen as higher quality by some people. Some vinyl kits are softer than others so it would be reasonable that you could say “soft, like silicone, but vinyl.”

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of is maybe a silicone head on a cloth body and vinyl limbs or some combination of that. That’s correct, silicone and vinyl do not mix.

5 Likes

Any doll that is advertised as silicone vinyl isn’t because they cannot be mixed. Most of the China kits are copies that are advertised as silicone vinyl and they’re very cheap. Real silicone dolls cost thousands of dollars. I hope you’re not going to be disappointed. Can I ask where you bought it?

4 Likes

Well, I did end up falling for the scam baby situation. But it was cheap and I learned my lesson. I went on Etsy to buy this doll that I’m asking about now. I’m learning more everyday about reborns, so when she wrote back to me with that, I got concerned. I’ve asked her to explain what she meant. She hasn’t written back yet. Do you think if I ask for a photo of the doll, that would help?

Does this sound like a scam to any of you?

Thank you so much for your replies!

Where is it safe to look for reborns? It seems like either everywhere is a scam or a fortune.

1 Like

Be careful of reborns that are super cheap or advertised as silicone vinyl. They’re more than likely not the real deal. Photos don’t always help because some people use stolen photos. Be wary of people who don’t use photos of their own work or who use photos of real babies. Look on reborns.com It’s a legitimate site with hundreds of dolls of various skill levels and prices. You should be able to find one you like there. There’s a thread on this forum titled REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE. It’s a very large list of reborn scam sites. It might be helpful to take a look at it.

6 Likes

@Ladybuggirl this is the thread referenced by @jeanhai.

Known scam sites thread

2 Likes

What a coincidence! I read that list yesterday! Seriously!

Thank goodness the name of her shop was not on it.

I’m guessing I’m not allowed to, but can I mention the name of her Etsy shop on here?

1 Like

You can PM me. I’d like to know.

Check your messages pls.

Thank you so much!!!

Why would you not allowed if it’s legist artist? People here are experts and can tell you right away. I would post the ship and the pic of baby that you bough.

2 Likes

True, true.

It’s an Etsy shop. The name of it is Harlow House and the owner is Veronica.

Could anyone else look for me and tell me what you think?

I’m on reborns.com right now, wishing I had just purchased one from here.

3 Likes

Is ‘Kyrie’ even a kit name?

1 Like

Yes, Realborn Kyrie

3 Likes

Yes, Kyrie is a bountiful baby realborn.

Here’s my work in progress Kyrie.

2 Likes

It is.

I’m like seriously bonded with this kit and it sucks. My gut is telling me something isn’t right. I love the baby’s mouth, it looks like it’s smiling. And I like the sleeping babies the best.

1 Like

From what I saw and I based this off of the pictures the buyers left in the reviews you have nothing to worry about. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m honestly not sure where the silicone and vinyl came in however she seems legit and her work looks awesome.

1 Like

The pictures she’s using to advertise are not her work. They’ve been done by prototype artists. That Kyrie is Jackie Kramer’s work. Reviews are sometimes fake, too.

4 Likes

That’s a warning sign. :frowning: Hopefully all goes well for you @Ladybuggirl. Did you get safety photos of the doll before you purchased her?

Edited to add: I just had a look at her shop. Luckily the seller states that the photo is a prototype. Unfortunately unless you’ve seen pictures of her actual work, you might be slightly disappointed. On the other hand, she may turn out absolutely lovely. I hope that is the case. :slight_smile:

1 Like