Silicone AND vinyl in one reborn doll?

That’s a warning sign. :frowning: Hopefully all goes well for you @Ladybuggirl. Did you get safety photos of the doll before you purchased her?

Edited to add: I just had a look at her shop. Luckily the seller states that the photo is a prototype. Unfortunately unless you’ve seen pictures of her actual work, you might be slightly disappointed. On the other hand, she may turn out absolutely lovely. I hope that is the case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. I didn’t do pretty much anything I should of before I bought the doll, but I have some great news! I asked for a refund and she gave me it!

I just need to wait for it to be processed and then I can buy a doll from reborns.com!

Now that I’m slightly smarter :wink:, may I ask if there is anything I should look for or red flags I should be aware of when buying a doll from this site?

Thank you so much for everyone’s help!!!

6 Likes

I have never sold through reborns, but many ladies have. I have purchased three babies using the site though. Make certain that you buy through paypal “goods and services” (not friends & family) so that your purchase is covered, should anything go wrong. Be sure that the photos of the baby you want are taken in good lighting and that they show the details of the areas that are important to you. Most people want detailed photos of the hands, feet, hair, and a photo of the lips without a pacifier covering them. There is a search function on the site, you can search for available Kyries. If you have any questions about a baby, ask the artist before you buy. Best of luck!

1 Like

Also, on reborns some artists have other payment options as well besides just PayPal, for example, bank transfer, square (a credit card processing merchant), check ect so you have more options to pay. And many artists allow payment plans too!

2 Likes

I’m glad she gave you your money back.

1 Like

Send us a link to the doll you are trying to purchase, I’ll let you know what’s going on. As a previous poster said, maybe it’s a silicone head withvinyl limbs? Otherwise it’s not silicone and vinyl mixture it’s not possible.

2 Likes

Hey. Idk if you actually got the doll from her or not. But I’m awaiting one of her dolls as well. Hopefully it’s as I imagine it to be. If you purchased one from her was it as you expected??

1 Like

No I didn’t. I found out it’s a red flag when a reborn artist uses photos of someone else’s work to sell theirs. That, and how low the price was for a custom doll.

I’d like to hear your experience once it’s over too. I hope you’ll come back and post.

3 Likes