Share your childhood doll

Google says 1967 which is actually the year I was born :wink:

1 Like

My hubby was born in 1967 too, evidently it was a great year :grin:

1 Like

Oh my goodness your baby instantly took me back to playing dolls with my cousins. They had the same baby as you! Awww

1 Like

What month?
I was born August 24th

August 20th wow almost thought you could be twins separated at birth😆

1 Like

LOL…my Mom would have been happy if I had come on the 20th, I was nearly three weeks late!

I loved taking my paper bag full of baby clothes and going out in the yard and laying out a big blanket spending hrs changing her into different outfits. My greatest joy was wrapping her up like a really baby in a baby blanket. Them my brother would pester me til cried, jumping over me and stealing my stuff as he ran by lol

18 Likes

I feel old. Lol

I was just a tot when I got that doll for Christmas. Born in 1965 :hushed:

2 Likes

I bet! He owned a 1967 Plymouth Satalite he was refinishing when we married in 1989

1 Like

I also had a Mrs. Beasley when I was quite young.

2 Likes

Darling Debbie I had to google as well .

13 Likes

I thought Id post a pic of this one as well, My Friend Mandy, she was one of my dolls that were stolen. I know I got her in the 70s, I think I was about 10 or 11, maybe even younger…I also had a bunch of different outfits for her. She was a bit like an American Doll I guess.
MyfriendMandy

15 Likes

The doll in the pink dress is the doll I had for my 7th birthday, I can’t believe that’s 50 years ago! I also had an original Tiny Tears like the one sitting next to her but that one is not my old one but a replacement off eBay. I also had a pink drowsy baby like the picture above.

16 Likes

I was just thinking that I remember a doll I had that you could squeeze its stomach and it sneezed. Anyone remember that one. I had an original Baby Alive as well :slight_smile:
I loved baby dolls…its no wonder I love reborns so much!!..Plus I had 5 real babies :wink:

2 Likes

I actually didn’t! I was so weird with dolls and toys when I was little. I wanted them, but was so…self conscious (I guess?) about playing with them in front of anyone. Not my parents, not other kids. If anyone else was around I felt so weird about it!
Come to think of it, I’m still like that with most things. Strange :thinking:

2 Likes

You just made me remember my water baby! Poor thing, we’d always forget to change her water so it would get all mildewy.

2 Likes

My daughter had one of those…we had the same problem, forgetting to change the water :wink:

2 Likes

I bet with that little hole in her mouth, you could squeeze her and then hold her to your cheek, and when you let go, she’d “Kiss” you.

2 Likes

I had rub a dub dolly, Baby Heartbeat, and barbies. I liked my Western Barbie that could wink, until my brother peeled off her eyelid​:face_with_raised_eyebrow: ooh I had raggedy Ann and Andy too :grinning:

1 Like

I had a Baby Tenderlove as well…was it her that sneezed? or a version of her?

1 Like