Share your childhood doll

I was cleaning my closet yesterday and found my most prized possession when I was a little girl, my beloved baby doll. Does anyone still have their childhood doll? If so I would love to see a photo, or even a photo of you and your doll when you were a child! I figure for many of us our love of dolls goes back a long way :heart_eyes:. I will take a pic of mine later and post it here too

7 Likes

I still have mine along with all my Cabbage Patch Kids, Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I can’t remember the name of it, but it has vinyl head and limbs with a cloth body, blonde rooted hair and cries when tipped. They are all packed in my attic so I can’t get a picture.

3 Likes

This is not the original because it got trashed, but I bought another off of Ebay and cleaned and dressed it up. This doll my sister and I shared. It is a 1961 Alter brand baby. For some reason, we called it Kissy baby.

21 Likes

I re bought my favorite doll recently on eBay, it is a Malibu PJ.

13 Likes

I had to grab pictures off Google but I had Real Baby by Hasbro. I carried that doll everywhere! Literally loved her to pieces. With two older brothers she didn’t last long. I truly miss this doll.

23 Likes

She’s in a big plastic box filled with all of my childhood things and I don’t feel like messing it all up right now, but this is the doll:

19 Likes

She went everywhere with me, even to college! A long dead cat chewed off her toes. I’ve removed the wig since this picture was taken and given her a hat. She still lives in my closet. Bwahaha!

3 Likes

Lost the picture…

18 Likes

She is beautiful, realistic looking. Kinda similar to the one I had. You and your sis must have got along pretty well to share a baby doll lol

2 Likes

I had to google pictures too. These 3 were my favorites, especially the little baby in yellow. Mine were named Tia Lee, Lia Tee, and Pia Dee. I loved those babies so much. I remember starting in Tia’s eyes just knowing she came to life every time I walked out of the room. I had several other “babies” too…baby that a way, rub a dub dolly, several baby tender loves, Chrissie, and several others. I usually toted around 6-8 babies at a time, everywhere I went. When I grew up and started working in daycare, my mom said she wasn’t surprised. She couldn’t ever imagine me without a half a dozen babies. Having 5 kids and hoarding reborn kits was all just a natural progression. I don’t however, and have no desire to be an adult doll collector. But my sister, who never did anything but torchure my “babies” grew up to collect dolls. :thinking:

19 Likes

Oh man forgot about my Barbie phase, I LOVED playing with my barbies too! Mom dish tub was their swimming pool😆

4 Likes

I had to steal the pics off google as well because I don’t have my dolls anymore. I don’t remember that Mrs. Beasley was this creepy but both her and Baby Beans had a pull string and they talked. I do remember my Baby Beans really well because I had her for a long time but she was stolen when I was 13 along with the rest of my dolls by a neighbour who I played with and had left my dolls at her house. Her Dad was not paying rent so he moved out in the middle of the night and they took my all my dolls. It still breaks my heart to think about. These two were my favs when I was younger though. I don’t know what happened to Mrs. Beasley?

18 Likes

You loved her to pieces literally lol. Oh brother argh. My brother always got the most ornery when I was seriously playing with my doll. Your baby look very similar to the dolls that another Reborn artist has been picking up and reborning here on this forum!

1 Like

God enough :wink:. I take it you still dressed her up even though she has clothes already?

I had Malibu PJ too. My sister and I always fought over her. She had straight, slick legs that made pants slide right on and off. The rest of our Barbies had soft, sticky feeling legs that made them hard to dress. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

She looks well loved lol. Even to college a definite hard core doll lover in you bravo! Loving the bandage :face_with_head_bandage:

This post gives away all of our ages! I’m obviously a 70’s baby. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Love your childhood memories I think you described many of us with your description of looking into her eyes and her coming to life.

2 Likes

What a sad kidnapping story!:cry:. What year did Mrs. Beasley come out, I don’t recognize her?

1 Like

Wish I still had my childhood doll. I loved my Drowsy baby.

She looked like this…

s-l400

16 Likes