Saying hello and introducing myself :)

Hey all-- recently got really interested in Reborns. I’ve liked them at a distance for a long while, as I love all things art-related. I do have a degree in art; anyway, my attention bounces around and lately it’s been stuck on these dolls.
I don’t own any currently, I have a partial silicone werewolf in the works from an artist I really grew fond of, so soon I should hopefully have my first-- but I fell in love with the Janus sculpt when I saw it announced, and upon looking at Karola Wegerich’s other sculpts I saw Ferdinand. Needless to say, I preordered Janus and just snagged Ferdinand off of Karola’s website this morning through the link I actually found here-- I had thought the kit was completely sold out! So I’m stoked to make these two for myself.
Anyway in the mean time I’m researching (so much awesome info stored here) and making a list of stuff I’ll need to purchase, deciding on color palettes and such. I guess I just wanted to say hello and solicit any advice anyone wanted to give for a beginner! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad you were able to get the kits you liked! Good luck with painting, don’t be afraid to ask for advice and help if you need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Morty I did Ferdinand and he was was beautiful when finished. Hope you will enjoy the forum and your new interest.:footprints::baby:

1 Like

Oh I’d love to see your work on him if you care to share?

Welcome! Nice to have you, look forward to seeing your babies.

1 Like

Welcome! If you love the kit, start on another cheap kit. Get a bb kit on sale, play around and then paint the kit you love.

2 Likes

I regret selling him everytime someone mentions him.It is one I should have kept. good luck with yours.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!

This hobby is super fun and I bounce around to a from it myself, I suggest like other people have that you buy a BB kits or two or three before starting your first expensive/special kit, it is worth it to have a few test babies and learn that way!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I think Janus kit is so unique!
Will you use heat set or air dry? And like many advised, buy BB kits on sale till you will grow with your skills.
Looking forward to see you caretions.

5 Likes

I preordered Janus too! I’m super excited to see him in person!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!
Here is my Ferdinand
image image image

9 Likes

I agree with everyone get a kit on sale first to practice. I like Ferdinand too and wanted him bad but since his eyes are closed (I prefer open) I didn’t get him. I pre ordered Janus too one for me and one for a customer. Can’t wait to see your first doll!

2 Likes

Oh I believe I saw him on Reborns??? I LOVE him. So amazing.

1 Like

I think I might do that!

1 Like

Oh, and I was going to get the Ultimate Fusion starter kit, air dry.

1 Like

Yes I also saw that one!!! Ugh love love love.

1 Like

Also thanks for the advice to start on a cheaper kit everyone, I’m going to snag a Fawna to try :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!! I love the Wegerich sculpts! So creative!

Fawna sounds fun!