Salia's Details (sooo cute)!

Do you still make them? I’ve been looking for some similar stuff but don’t want to make it myself lol I don’t have the energy for yet another craft :rofl:

1 Like

I buy directly from Heike. She’s on Facebook (HP babylocks) and you can order through messenger.

1 Like

I still have bins of flowers, I will probably make them with slightly less flowers, maybe just a wide swath to frame the face, not go as far back to the back of the head. I will be making one when Salia gets finished. Let me know then if you need one.

Awesome, thanks! I’d definitely love a few in newborn size. I need to get some real babies into the studio, I miss baby snuggles lol

1 Like

Yes amazing how you miss those newborns, photo shoots give you opportunities no one else usually gets with the new baby.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. My favorite is capturing them when they’re so sweet and tiny. My last one was my nephew, he’ll be 2 in October lol

1 Like

Do you find you bond more with the babies to shoot photos of especially as newborns?

Oh totally! Especially when their moms give me updates on them as they get older. It’s such a privilege to get to spend time with the newest little lives and snuggle them. And when I see their parents or grandparents in public they tell me how the baby is doing and how much they still love the pics. It’s good to help them keep the precious memories of how sweet and tiny their little one was. My favorite is the 5-7 day olds, they’re the best behaved lol

1 Like

I was thinking I should start doing that. Next time I need hair I will order directly from her, thank you for letting me know where I can find her.

You’re welcome. You can also reach her on her page Heike Politz.

1 Like

@PutABonnetOnIt Did you follow a tutorial for the Flower Hats?

1 Like

No sorry, but I can share with you my process.

I just crocheted a simple bonnet, preferably one with stitches close together so the glue didn’t leak through. I tied it onto a form I made.

( I took a styrofoam ball or any small round object would work and I wrapped a hand towel around it 1 at a time, measuring the circumference until it measured an average newborn sized head. I attached a photo I found using it for fur bonnets.)

Then I tied the bonnet on. (I set mine on top of a sturdy vase to accommodate the bottom of the towels so I could work on it easily. I just use hot glue and I glued the leaves down first in a way that would nicely frame the face then I would proceed with the flowers. I sometimes would straight pin a section of flowers to the hat to see how it would look before I would glue it.

That is it.

I always went inside and used the hot tip of the glue gun to push back any glue that leaked through. If anything felt the least bit scratchy I would get the glue hot again and glue bits of yarn to match onto the area.

6 Likes

Bumping this up to not start another thread. I’m magnetizing Salia and it’s turning into a nightmare. She has a lump of course because of the open mouth. I purchased several micro honeybug pacis for my 10-12" dolls. I’m trying feverishly to set the magnet on the lump inside her mouth. Every time I do this the magnet wants to move too high or too low. I’m determined to use these pacis because they fit her and everything is customized because of her size with clothes also. ALL I need is a NON metal tool to get this dang magnet in position, Something with a hook to reach for it all the time dealing with a small neck hole. I’m ready to :scream::rofl:

Bump…if anyone could help :slight_smile:

Maybe a rat tail comb end, doesn’t have a hook. I have plastic crochet hooks…so it won’t stay on the bump,it slides due to the glue off of it…?

1 Like

Put the glue on the inside, drop the magnet in it and put the pacifier on her mouth where you want it to be. It will pull the inner magnet to the right spot. When it’s dry, put some extra glue around the inside magnet. When that’s dry, for added security, cover the magnet a strip of Dr’ Scholl’s moleskin.

2 Likes

@PutABonnetOnIt my attempt at a flower bonnet, lol! It serves it’s purpose. I crocheted a strip then I just stuck the flowers in it. It’s not glued down though.

@Vanniek I do like @jeanhai

4 Likes

I did do that and with that darn lump it just wouldn’t stay. grrr between that and rooting I’m annoyed LOL!! :rofl:

When I have that problem I drop a huge magnet (as big as will fit inside the opening anyway) inside the head so that even if it’s not exactly in the right spot, some part if it will be where I want it. Then the magnet in the paci should hopefully keep the paci where you want it.

That is beyond the cutest bonnet I’ve ever seen!!! :heart_eyes::hibiscus: