Rooting over painted hair?

Has anyone ever rooted over painted hair? I have a baby that I painted hair on and she is not selling because everyone wants rooted hair. I was wondering if I could jut root over the painted hair. Adding a photo.

5 Likes

Yes, you could definitely

1 Like

You can root over it. It will just take less rooting because of the painted hair underneath. You should also put in the description that it’s ‘combi’ hair.

2 Likes

Thank you. I have seen where artist have rooted a tuft on top of the head of painted hair but I didn’t know about all over.

I’ve done it on this one. It’s kinda hard to tell from the pic.

3 Likes

@Gabriell makes the cutest combo hair styles, maybe she can help

1 Like

Yes but you will need to root very thick so you don’t see the painted hair going on in a different direction maybe I did that with one of mine in the past

1 Like

I have done it many times and sometimes just leave the paint and do combi.

2 Likes

I rooted hair over the prisma’d hair on my azalea. It can definitely be done. (Doesn’t show up that great in this photo but it’s there!)

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve done it a lot. I like the look. :grinning:

1 Like

Just use the painted hair as your “rooting pattern.” If it is rooted in the same direction as the painted hair in won’t look weird.

3 Likes

Not sure I am doing it right, I have never seen another reborn doll in person aside from my own. I just root the hair along the painted lines, depending on the look I want I will do it thick or barely there. I try to match the hair color to the paint or go a bit lighter.

7 Likes

Soooo PERFECT :heart:

I love it!