Reselling babies

A couple of weeks ago, there was a discussion on here about feelings toward customers reselling our dolls. I’m fine with it. But this makes me feel even more okay about it. This is the second post today that I’ve seen from a prototype artist talking about customers reselling their babies. It happens. Even to the best artists. It is what it is. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

yeah, it happens but it is like why! lol but sometimes you fall in love with a new baby!

3 Likes

She sold that 25000 baby!!! It was beautiful!

3 Likes

The reborn community sells dolls to each other all of the time. It is a nice way to get the next baby that you "need’, it is not a big deal.

6 Likes

Plenty of dolls get resold, including quite a few of mine. It was great because other collectors got to see my work, which led to new custom orders. I even bought a baby made from a prototype artist. That worked out well because I can’t stomach brand new prices. :grin:

I have never been offended about my dolls being sold, it only came up with one doll. The buyer was a really nice person who had to work hard and save. I gave her a discount to make it easier for her. When I saw it being sold second hand for a profit, I was irritated.

Turns out I was really irritated with my own self for being so dumb. Lol But lesson learned. No more discounts. My price is my price, buy it or not. After that, people can do what they want to do.

As an aside, I jumped on here to ask you what size Shaya wears. Can’t figure out if it’s 3 or 6 months. :blush:

3 Likes

Maybe some people resell because they can’t afford them. I saw a lady selling three due to money and space then mentions new dolls?? I think people get caught up in the moment, have buyers remorse, resell to get some funds…Until they see that next kit. It’s an addictive, vicious cycle I think we can all relate to.

3 Likes

a lot of buyers sell, to buy more :slight_smile: fine with me, as long as they don’t change the doll, then call it my work OR sell a doll that has been sold/ resold, abused, ect… as my work. I only honor my work to the first seller, not after the doll has been passed around thru the years(After you have been selling for many years, it can happen)

2 Likes

Collectors like to sell older babies to buy newer ones they like. It just happens. I’m just glad when one of my dolls sells in the first place.

3 Likes

How flattering it must be to see someone buying one of your old dolls from someone else!

2 Likes