Realborn Landon alternative limbs

I love my realborn Landon, but I really hate his left hand! I’ve had him for a year now and have just been keeping that hand covered… But I finally want to replace it or both his arms if I have to. What limbs would work well for this? He’s a big baby, and I still want to do the full limbs but both closed fists. Maybe Reese’s arms? Can anyone show me Reese’s arms next to Landon? I appreciate any and all help!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, lol! Can’t wait to see what others suggest!

watching

I don’t like that karate chop hand either! I think that every single time I reborn him and I’ve done him like 4 times well I’m working on a fifth now. It’s so hard to pose

2 Likes

I don’t have Reese but don’t think the arms would be big enough.
The 2 times I made Landon I tried to bend the fingers just a bit while cooling by laying it with the fingers against something so they weren’t so straight. Nothing dramatic so not sure it even changed. Lol

1 Like

I remember making a comment about that hand when he first came out and one of the family members commented that the real Landon sleeps with his hand that way. Maybe so…but in a doll it looks very unnatural and stiff.

2 Likes

@anjsmiles that explains it. I kinda like the hand now!

@katieperry karate chop hand! omg

@anjsmiles aw that is pretty cute, but yeah doesn’t look good on a doll and I feel like it makes posing him realistically difficult as well. Only place I can ever seem to put the hand when not hiding it is up by his head lol

1 Like

I have Reese and she’s very petite - newborn clothes fit with some room. Her arms might be too small for Landon.

3 Likes

Maybe heat the arm up and bind the hand forcing it in a more curved position while it cools. Probably wont do much but should make it look more natural if it’s not so straight. Another artist did this with I think Caleb…not positive but it helped

I am pretty much not a hand of open hands at all, but thought I could learn to love it when I picked his kit… Wrong! lol I’m thinking the new Ivy kit’s hand might work. I will have to see. They seem to be about the same size, although Landon is possibly more chubby.

I bent his fingers while they were hot. Don’t know how long it will stay.

after and before.

4 Likes

Looks better. Will be interesting to see if they stay that way when filled with glass.

I’m filling them later tonight, but that still won’t mean that over time they won’t straighten out again. I’m keeping it until the 20th of this month though so maybe that will be long enough to know.

1 Like

Please let us know how the fingers hold up. I too adore this kit but not crazy over that hand.

I will.

1 Like

Here is his hand slightly curved. I may have been able to bend them more but didn’t try.

3 Likes

It looks good, I like it bent even if its just a bit it looks better than the karate chop hand :wink: . Im tempted to try.

It was easy to do. When it was hot I bent it and held it with a rubber band. My next one I’m going to bend it farther.

1 Like

I actually think Reese’s arms will work just fine. I’m currently working on Landon and have a blank Reese kit so I compared them. Their arms look exactly the same size. Reese’s are just more scrunched up and his hands are in a fist. However, while experimenting I attempted to put Landon’s head on Reese’s body and it looked disproportionate so I would stick to whatever body you already have for Landon. For Landon I plan on using the body that came with Bluebell Brace and use body 300 for Bluebell. Bluebell’s body is right in b/w BB’s 20" and body 300 so it’s perfect. Sorry I don’t have pics for that yet tho. In the pictures, Landon is the darker arm on the right and Reese is the blank arm on the left.

Well I got super curious and tested Reese’s arms on Landon. I change my mind. I don’t think they would work. They’re about an inch too short to look natural. I included pics of Landon with Reese’s arms and with his regular arms. This experiment made me realize that even Landon’s regular arms seem too small for him. Kind of a huge bummer either way. I wish the arms that came with him were chunkier and didn’t have that karate chop hand :frowning:
Reese’s arms on Bluebell’s body…

Landon’s arms on Bluebell’s body…

2 Likes