Reactions!

I took Amelia to Walmart today and got a grand total of 27 reactions that range from curious looks to not believing me when I said she is a doll. Overall, very fun day and I am definitely going to do it again. This little girl kept asking to hold her, and she held her twice before she had to go. Her sister noticed her first and said “Mommy, what is that? Is that a newborn?” And her mom says “That’s a baby, silly.” When I told her she was a doll, the look on her face was priceless. @Leabelle I may have got you some business as well cause a couple people asked where to get one. Anyway, just thought I would share cause I found it hilarious.

7 Likes

Thank you to share ! That’s so funny ! I would have loved to see the mother reaction !
The reborns are really not well known here, so often people dont believe they were dolls, or they ask 100 questions.

1 Like

Convo with one guy…

Him: She is so cute and tiny!
Me: Yeah, she is actually a doll.
Him: Yeah right, how old is she?
Me: She isn’t real feel her.
Him: Touches her hand No way! I thought you were S***ing me!
Me: Nope she is fake.
Him: to co-worker Dude! Come see this! Cute, eh? It’s a doll.
Co-Worker: Jaw drops That’s a dol? Wow! That’s so creepy. But cute!.
Me and my mom: Die from laughter lol

4 Likes

My daughter took her first reborn to Walmart that she made and she painted her a little blue. One lady walked up and said, “Ma’am, I think your baby is not breathing!” It was hilarious!

1 Like

Haha, those reactions can be so funny.
I once took a reborn around in a baby carrier, as in, strapped to my chest. I only got one person asking how old he was, everyone else just accepted that it was a baby. :joy:

1 Like

That’s all funny :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I want to take mine to church. :joy::joy: What makes the idea funnier for me is that my husband is the pastor. No one where I come from knows reborn dolls.

I take a lot of my newly finished babies to church when I complete them…I love showing them off to everyone. They know me and hey, it makes me feel that they got a good start in a non life. Being held and loved on by church women first… lol Lot’s of learning that way. Women there can say things like, Did you ever think to do this color hair…or,… I saw a baby with this freckle… Lot’s of ideas.

1 Like