Randomness

So I’m thinking if I feed my kids just one meal a day instead of three, I can buy Poppet! Hahaha.
(Joking)

6 Likes

Tessa, what is the brand of the patterns you have?

1 Like

Simplicity if I’m not mistaken. This particular set of patterns calls for a lot of hand stitching and really narrow hems. It also fits to the T so there are no room for errors when sewing. The neck holes hug the neck. The 10” dolls I was making clothes for are a lot bigger than the 10” dolls the patterns were made for.

2 Likes

Would you mind to post the actual pattern number here? I would like to check it out.

It’s actually McCalls #6993

1 Like

There are easier patterns for these styles in my opinion. But I will slowly rework them to fit my needs and today’s style of sewing. I just don’t have the patience for it at this time. Lol.

1 Like

Good morning @Tessa how are you feeling today? Any better?

1 Like

Yes much better! Ty for asking. :blush:

2 Likes

So glad :heart_eyes::heart:️:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I can see what you mean. We don’t put so much “tailoring” in baby clothes these days. You shouldn’t have any problems resizing it for today if that is your thing. I love to sew. I will tackle most any pattern (as I am sure you do as well) but I cannot do alterations worth anything! I just seem to have a “block” when it comes to that. Those sure are cute, though.

1 Like

@Tessa What an adorable pattern!

1 Like

You want it? Lol. I can mail you a copy in your next care package. Lol.

I actually thought of you too because there is a little carry thingy for your baby doll! It’s the one with the hooded pouch.

1 Like

I can’t do alterations either. Isn’t that strange? We are all short in my family so I pay someone to hem our pants etc. I can’t hem a pair of pants to save my life and I don’t know why. I always end up with one leg longer than the other. Lol.

1 Like

I’ll take a copy. Is it already cut out? :laughing: Will it work for Caleb?