Questions on Heinke Kolpin sculpts

Anyone here reborn any of her kits ? do the ears or limbs look off on them , are they the orange or dark vinyl and is the vinyl the hard variety as in rocks for heads ?
She has one coming out today and since I have never worked on any of hers I really needed more information before deciding on her new Milo sculpt .
The pictures are very small on the sites I have seen her on and none show her limbs up close or where i can see if they would be a turn off for me :smile:

I haven’t done any of hers. But as for limbs, seems to me like if they hide them in pictures, they must be bad. I wish they would all do like BB and show clear pics of all the blank parts.

1 Like

This picture shows the limbs. They look decent to me. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes I have seen these they are small enough it is hard to see just how well they are defined which was my problem lol also in the pictures there is none with a clear ear showing like perhaps they look odd?
Decisions Decisions :smile: I so wish they all showed the blank kit as well as the finished baby.

1 Like

You’re right. They sure do tend to hide those ears. Most pics have hats on her head. I found a couple of pics of her ear. It looks well shaped but big and sticky out. As for her feet, when you zoom in, you can see lines. But honestly it looks to me like a clay sculpt instead of a real baby. I’m really on the fence with this kit. Her face is cute. But I’m not sure about the overall doll. I’ll just wait and see what others discover about her. :wink:

1 Like

I think she’s adorable and, to me, her ears, hands and feet are just fine. She’s not a Realborn, after all, and not all real babies are shriveled with deep creases.

2 Likes

Yes she is adorable I agree and no she is not a realborn and do not expect all the creases found in one . I only ask if anyone had reborn any of her sculpts because I have not as yet .
I do object to ears that look weird and limbs that have no crease at all which I have found in some of the sculpts .
I suppose If I do order her and she has strange ears she can wear hats and blankets all the time :sunny:

Just went to see the ones I have-Levi and Noa and I just bought Finley at ROSE… I love her sculpts! They have cute hands, feet and ears. The vinyl is more orange than BB but still very neutral. Soft but not that really soft, melt in the Newwave soft. The only drawback is they have 3/4 arms and legs. So if that is a deal breaker better check Milo’s.

1 Like

Thank you ! that is what I needed to know lol I have done different kits from different artists most have been great but some have had webbed toes odd ears and backs of knees that just look all out strange .
Milo according to information has full limbs which is what I prefer if I can get them so looks like this one is an order me kit :smile:

You can heat the head and tape the ears back until they cool and they should stay there. Not quite sure how you’d do this with Genesis. I use air dry so I do rearranging of vinyl before I start painting.

1 Like

Yes I am an air dry user as well started with air dry and have stayed with it so anything with heating it would have to be before paint as you say .
So far I have been fortunate with most of the kits I have done except for some of the heads being rocks and of course heat came into use there lol .

I painted her Joel, and he was cute.

4 Likes

He is a cutie Thanks !

1 Like