Prototypes

I see that the same artist have been doing the prototypes of the Realborn babies. I am wondering how you choose the artist to make the prototypes. How often do you choose an new artist? These prototypes so far are just amazing and I can see why you picked them! but what about giving other artist the change to do one as well?

3 Likes

Maybe BB would let us vote for who we would like to do a prototype??? Emily, what do you think??

2 Likes

I think it would be an amazing way to get an unknown but talented artists name out there. They do it in the music industry so why not the doll industry. I know a few artist that are truly talented and would make amazing prototypes; someone just needs to give them a chance.

3 Likes

The desire to have prototypes advertise and sell well is a huge factor. Therefore artists who are well known for their work AND sales are the ones who seem to get this kind of work. Unknowns are not good for advertising. That’s just the reality of good business.

3 Likes

You mean to tell me that if you have an artist who can show you 50 plus babies that they have made and all 50 are beautiful, they make a prototype baby who is beautiful as well but since they are an unknown artist your saying its not good advertising? I respectfully disagree with you! The Realborn kits are going to sell regardless of the artists known standing in the reborn community; especially when you consider that you have 3-4 artist each making a prototype.

I don’t have even close to enough talent to make a prototype but I do know a few who do.

2 Likes

Well - I have a name in mind that I would nominate to do prototypes and she consistently makes gorgeous babies!!!

Good idea…

Apparently not it seems artists are not chosen to do prototypes unless they are well known and well selling. I am just saying that is the way it has been.

1 Like

I like the idea of voting! Artist can enter with photo’s of at least 25 babies they have made and then we can all vote on the one we think is the best. Then that person can do 1 of the 4 prototypes for a new kit. That would bring in TONS of advertising…for BB and for the artists themselves!

2 Likes

If you know her why do you think BB does not know about her? If she sells on ebay or ETSY then I am sure they do.

What we are saying is that there are many artist out there who are NOT well known but still make babies as beautiful as those who have made the Realborn Prototypes and we think BB should give those people an opportunity to make a prototype as well.

1 Like

There are at least three reborners right here on this forum that spring to mind ~ I’m sure BB knows about them and I’m hoping one day all of them will be given a chance. Their babies always sell, and for good prices, too. Their work is outstanding and all 3 of them deserve a chance. @EmilyBB is on FB and on the forum and I’m sure she keeps her eyes peeled for new talent.

2 Likes

I’m sure THEY DO know her work --------------------------- SO why don’t they give her a chance instead of always choosing the same artists to do the prototypes is what I am saying.

2 Likes

exactly

I totally agree

1 Like

Several years ago, ladies of the BB forum suggested that Deanna Flynn be considered for prototypes on BB and this is the thread. http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/bountiful-baby-please-read/13408/24
It worked then and might work again so if you have someone in mind and can show beautiful babies that they have done (via auction), then start a thread and see what happens. @EmilyBB and @bbsupport are listening.

1 Like

As long as we are naming names - - - I’d like to see Mary DiStefano do prototypes.

2 Likes

Pia also makes stunning babies.

2 Likes

Mary, Pia, and Gina ~ would love to see all three of them doing prototypes in the new year!

2 Likes

So many talented ladies on here. I completely agree.

2 Likes