Presley arrived, presentation boxes bent up

@bbsupport & @EmilyBB

My 2 kits arrived all the way to Australia, and I just got them home from the PO. Both presentation boxes are perfect :smiley: The sturdy outside box had just some superficial dents. THANKS BB!!!

2 Likes

It is sad some boxes were damaged, this is the po fault not BB, I think it is great to have a special box for the Realborns.

1 Like

PO move tons and tons of parcels daily, often by machines; they cannot stop and and try to place each one such a way that it is safe. It is up to the sender to protect the item such a ay that it cannot get damaged. The insurance will only pay up if the parcel was wrapped in such a way that is considered ā€œadequate to withstand being dropped from the back of the track on concrete floor and have 20kg parcel dropped on top of itā€. Does the UPS offer ā€œfragileā€ service? Our PO does not.
When i finish these babies they will be sent in sturdy box, with plenty of space around the inner box filled with impact absorbing material, and to be doubly sure I will use polystyrene panels (about 3/4") thick to line the smallest sides, that will significantly strengthen the corners and protect the gift boxes from damage.

So true about the USPS. Back before I was selling dolls on ebay, I sold other items and would pack them as well as I could, and write FRAGILE on the outside. A post office clerk once told me not to bother marking FRAGILE on packages because of how they throw boxes regardless. She said that putting FRAGILE on your boxes makes some of the workers who sort mail along its route throw them even harder. She said they set boxes underneath heavier boxes and things get crushed. They really donā€™t care, even though they continue to raise their rates on us. I am considering switching to UPS. It seems Iā€™ve received less crushed boxes via that route.

1 Like

I actually cut down the huge box my three kits came in and used one bottom corner and a side piece to make a new outer box to ship one of my kits to Carmen. She missed out and my third one was a spare. The new box was about 2" bigger all around and I stuffed all the empty space with airbags and the brown paper from BB. It wasnā€™t too ugly and I used a ton of tape but it arrived at Carmenā€™s safely. If you all donā€™t have an outer box to use you may want to consider flattening out that shipping box and tucking it away somewhere and using it to make a new shipping box like I did.

Perhaps you can fashion some sort of stabilizer in the corner out of wood. You could use rulers or those wood paint stirrers and pack it really good.

I can do you one better. I was on my porch and my post man dropped my box on the steps, I don;t mean oops there she goes. I mean drop as in just dropped it instead of setting it down. And we were talking about crappy postal employes and fragile boxes. Let me tell you he knows what fragile means now. I still canā€™t believe he did that. Hope he likes coal for Christmas no tip from me. Even after post man my boxes are perfect. And I got Presley asllep and awake. All boxes are great. Thanks have a blessed day.

1 Like