Presley arrived, presentation boxes bent up

@anjsmiles

Send an email to Customer Service at "sales@bountifulbaby.com". In your email, either include a link to your pictures here, or else include a picture in your email. Customer Service will issue you a coupon code for a free Realborn box that you can use with your next purchase. They will tie the coupon code to your email address, so that only you can use it, and even then, it will work only when your email address is used for checkout.

We are being very careful about sending out extra boxes, because we do not want folks using a Realborn box for a regular reborn. We want the boxes only used with Realborns.

I know we canā€™t stop people from using these boxes with non-Realborns, but we can discourage it from happening by controlling how/when we ship out these boxes.

But we definitely understand a customerā€™s desire for a good box, and we are willing to issue a coupon to any customer that received a damaged box, that will allow them to replace the damaged box.

In the meantime, we are also looking into other alternatives that are calculated to reduce the likelihood of box damage during shipping, and that also keeps shipping cost as low as possible.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

5 Likes

I love the presentation box and the whole idea behind it. It would be great if there was a way to guarantee its delivery safely,
Mary

I havent posted here in forever, and I hate to chime in with a negative, but I need to voice my opinion as well. I do not care for the box at all. Dont get me wrong, it is a very nice box, and I like the way it is customized. I just dont like the idea of a collectors box, especially as big as it is, that we dont have the option of deciding if we want or not. I would gladly opt out of the box, and not receive it at all, even at the same price, rather than having to pay the extra shipping on it, and then having to deal with it once it gets here. I know the boxes cost a fortunate (as far as boxes go) and that price is incorporated in the overall price of the kit. I get that, but it did add to the overall cost. Still the cost of the LE kits are wonderful. I will eat the addition cost of the box, if I just opt out of it all together. Is there not someway that you guys can make these boxes an option??? I would hate to think that I or anyone for that matter, would hesitate or think twice of ordering more of the LE kits because of the box. As a customer, I am asking you to consider an alternative. @bbsupport @EmilyBB

1 Like

Thank you so very much! I will do so!

I have pressed certificates in a heavy book to remedy that.

Surely, the realborn kit in box does not take so much of extra space, and once reborned, and put back in the box it does not take any more space.
Can somebody please tell me what are the dimensions of the box?

Box size 9" X 21" X 6 1/2"

1 Like

Okay, I got mine today and they are all perfect inside and out. BB did a great job packing them. Iā€™m not sure yet, but I think I might go ahead and ship the baby in just the presentation box. Iā€™m going to advertise it in my listing that the box may get damaged during shipment, but the baby (that they are only paying for anyways) will be very much protected like my other babies.

I wonder if you covered the whole box in butcher paper and then completely covered that in packaging tape if the butcher paper would stay in tact and not tear open/off?

My box arrived today in perfect condition. Thanks BB for a wonderful job marking it clearly as fragile. I love the Presley kit and cannot wait to start on him. Iā€™m keeping him for myself!!

When I first started reading this topic my first thought was ā€œNot worth the hassle of ordering any more of the Realbornsā€ I do not want extra hassle and having not received mine yet I have used your measurements Jo and it will fit in the boxes I send my babies out in anyway and they are strong so fingers crossed.

I love the boxes!! Iā€™ve been on the look out for presentation boxes without a lot of luck. So I personally think these are wonderful!! Thanks BB.

Thanks, that is great, they will fit very well inside the boxes I normally use to ship my dolls. I am sure the box itself would not weigh more than a pound? So it will not make very much, if any difference in cost of shipping finished baby. :smile:

Why would you think it will weigh extra 8 pounds? The gift boxes do not look very sturdy, and my heavy duty boxes (22"x12"x10") weigh only 600g = 1.32277pounds

Iā€™m happy you have boxes that you trust and are the right size. Thatā€™s great for you!

I keep two different size boxes in stock. 20x8x8 and 23x10x9. So neither of the boxes I carry will work. The larger boxes are where the post office really gets me on shippingā€¦ itā€™s about the size even more than the weightā€¦ They measure each one and if the tapes shows 23 1/2" they charge me for 24" Size matters!

Iā€™m sorry to have to be posting about the boxesā€¦ But I want all my items, including collector boxes to arrive without damage. Iā€™m sure even BB wasnā€™t really happy that their realborn boxes didnā€™t arrive undamaged. Iā€™ve shipped hundreds of items all over the world and I know if the outside cardboard is not made of the thicker shipper cardboard, UPS and USPS can and probably will ding the corners are bash in the box inside. True some buyers wonā€™t care about the box, but look how many of the reborners here are wanting a perfect realborn box. It may only be a small percentage of customers that wants the realborn box in perfect condition. Itā€™s that percentage that make me worry. If the buyers not happy, it all goes south from there. I just canā€™t afford to include a realborn box that has more than 50/50 chance of being damaged. Iā€™ve heard postal workers say it the box has fragile on itā€¦ it means drop kick itā€¦ and from the look of some boxes Iā€™ve received it looked as if it was drop kicked. Yes I guess the problem isnā€™t the box itā€™s the shipperā€¦ but short of delivering the box myself, they are all I have to rely on.

@ludmila - I am figuring that the completed baby will weigh around 5 pounds and bottle, clothing, blanket, and packing materials will add up to about 6-7 pounds plus the box.

yes, that is the way to go if you only bought one, but I got 2, so I assume they will come in one very large box.

Where do you get these boxes?

1 Like

It was a very big box. Too big to ship one baby in.

1 Like

Boxes can be always cut down; they may not look all that pretty then, but for the outside box, my main concern is that it protects the content properly.

anjsmiles sounds like your box was like the one I receivedā€¦My box was large enough for me sit in ā€¦ lol A little too large to resizeā€¦ lol