Preemie T-shirt Anatomy/Cloth diaper memories

I understand what you are saying. I guess I just like the conveniences we have learned to live with these days. I am thankful for sewing machines, sergers, embroidery machines, etc., etc. But, when folks didn’t have that stuff, they did not miss it. In fact, most of it did not even exist yet! LOL I know I don’t want to do my life over. I did it the best I could at the, time, and I know I would not do anything differently. I know that was not what you were saying, so please don’t misunderstand. I have said many times things about the olden days. There was more family and things. So very true.

3 Likes

My brother was born in the 60’s, and I was born in the 70’s.
He was in cloth, and I was in disposables.
But I don’t think the decade between us was the only factor.
I had bad reactions to being in cloth, and my family’s rented house had plumbing issues when I was born and for several months thereafter, so no running water. Fortunately, my parents had little more money then than when my brother was a baby.
On a side note, my Mom always dressed me like a doll as her only, much awaited girl. She made most of my clothes and didn’t skimp on the ruffles, lace and bows. She said they couldn’t have afforded to have a girl first.

1 Like

Also, I only remember seeing potty training toddlers in plastic pants. That was before Pull-ups existed.

1 Like

Update:

Note, this is after I shrunk it in the wash. Still fits and is plenty long.

6 Likes

This is Thirstiest brand diaper cover in Newborn size. It goes almost to her pits as she is supposed to fit preemie clothes. It also isn’t covering anything in the pic except naked monkey. It was intended to be used with an absorbent liner.

4 Likes

It fits her so well and I like how wording represent her personality! So cute! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Ty! I had planned on just getting something plain, but the more basic shirts didn’t look like they would cover the fabric parts of her arms.
I’m glad I ended up getting this instead.
How does someone who weighs 3 pounds end up looking so fat on camera?? :thinking: Lol

3 Likes

That’s what I say about myself!:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes