Paisley's got a big fat head

Her head is huge, and I should know, because I’ve already spent 25-30 hours rooting her. I’m really starting to get irritated at her big fat head, and the way she’s looking at me! This should go in the rant & rave section, but I just had to let it out now!

Yes we have all had a head that too soooooooooooooooooooooooo long to root! Espically when it was suppose to be sparse rooting and wound up being a full head!

Thanks, everyone, there’s something to be said for commiseration. If only she’d start being a little more cooperative!

This is a problem child. I finished rooting her, then realized I hadn’t done her eyebrows. Paint & bake. Stuff head, plug, seal, and assemble. What did I leave out? SEALING HER BRAINS WITH MODGE-PODGE! A project for tomorrow, I’ve had it with that kid!

— Begin quote from “maggiebridget09”

— Begin quote from “LittleMama”

Her head is huge, and I should know, because I’ve already spent 25-30 hours rooting her. I’m really starting to get irritated at her big fat head, and the way she’s looking at me! This should go in the rant & rave section, but I just had to let it out now!

— End quote

I did a Nala sculpt by Sandy Faber last year. I felt the same way. Nala has a melon head, and the vinyl was fairly hard. It took me forever to root her head. I got so sick of looking at her and the smile on her face. I’ll never do that sculpt again–ever!!

— End quote

lol I did a nala! That one had hand drawn hair, lol

I’m gonna have to make a chronological list of what to do, in order! I’m also working on Sugar; did her eyebrows (late), and baked. Well, you know what? Neck rings do not fare well in the oven…it is warped and bent, and I have to figure out now how to remove it. Having a run of bad luck? No, probably more like on-going impatience! I’m rooting Sugar, so I’ll be thinking on how to remove the ring…probably warm the head and pry it off.

uh oh, i just got Paisley… was planning on rooting her… maybe i ought to rethink that?? i am very impatient too!

Windeec, glad you liked that line…it was truly inspired by the head circumference! She’s happier now that I’ve stopped poking needles into her! Don’t call Child Protective Services, OK???

A heat gun - now why didn’t I think of that Several times I’ve wanted to add a little something to my babies but had to go through the whole ordeal of wetting and wrapping the hair and then positioning it in the oven just so and so on and so forth Such a simple solution and of course I didn’t think of it!!
Thanks Jen : )

Susan