Out of control kit prices

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice how out of control some kit prices are? I was just on ebay, looking at LE kits and some insane person is trying to sell a blank vinyl for $450! I get that limited editions are coveted by some collectors, but that just seems plain greedy to me. If this is the way things are heading, I might as well just stop making reborns and start buying & hoarding LE’s, because $450 is more money than I get for most of my babies, and I don’t think my price-point will improve drastically just because I spend a fortune on the kit. Sorry for the rant, but I wish people like that would leave the kits to people who actually want to use them for their intended purpose, rather than a fast buck - and I really wanted that kit

— Begin quote from “dothehokeypokey”

that just seems plain greedy to me. If this is the way things are heading, I might as well just stop making reborns and start buying & hoarding LE’s, because $450 is more money than I get for most of my babies, and I don’t think my price-point will improve drastically just because I spend a fortune on the kit. (

— End quote

that is what I have just been thinking. I have been looking for Livia, which when released was about $110 from local suplyer, yet now I have seen some selling for $300+. And Lillian kits over $200, but I have also seen some reborn being auctioned, and sitting bellow $200; hope the seller did not pay the $200 for the kit.