New Release! Flossie, a sculpt by Donna RuBert

Back in the days of Porcelain dolls most of the artists sold Molds not just Greenware. I know cause I used to go to the huge poreclain doll show at the Anaheim, convention center for years and my friend and I used to buy molds (share cost), I have a garage full of them. Thats why I said some of the “sculpted” parts that people claim they made actually came from some of those old molds. Arms. Legs, hands, feet.

4 Likes

what is greenware?

“unfired” porcelain. It is very delicate and breaks easy until “fired” and turned into “porcelain”.

1 Like

This will not sell… BB is wasting JoyDolls time and BB’s money with the fused leg and Dolly looking babies…

4 Likes

Yikes, those legs----awful, I don’t think anyone’s gonna buy those either Pia.

1 Like

Will be horrible to try to dress it.

1 Like

She can wear dresses, rompers, onesies and nightgowns, just not pants or footies. I think some people will like her if anyone wants to try reborning her. If she was a little cheaper, I’d give her a go.

2 Likes

Lol. Back in the day the molds were sold directly to the public via catalogs. I actually have some old catalogs. Ill take some pictures.

BB has the rights now. But the molds i have were purchased legitimatly and so i have the legal right to use them

That being said. You cant make a vinyl kit with a porcelain mold.

1 Like

Can you make a silicone kit with a porcelain mold?

1 Like

No. Porcelain molds breath. It sounds odd but its a breathable material and its super dusty. There would be no way to use rhem for silicone.

1 Like

I think it could make a cute baby, but with those fused legs I won’t get this kit. When selling you’d have to inform buyers that the baby can’t wear pants or risk an angry customer.
Most buyers will not pay much attention to the legs or assume baby is able to wear pants anyways.
Not really a good selling point.

That makes sense…so how is BB making vinyl kits from those molds? Are they scanning them with their 3D scanner and then making them from that?

1 Like

It also appears she has 3/4 arms which I find not to be a good selling point either. Now days everyone prefers full limbs. I am not discounting that it can be a “cute” baby when done and someone out there will like it but the cost vs the market desirability of the sculpt overall seems not to be worth it to me.

4 Likes

I may be the only one, but I actually like the legs. My youngest son, Caedmon kept his legs curled up so tight for the first several days. His might as well have been fused. The legs will appeal to people wanting a kit match for certain newborn pics. But the arms and head suck.

I love the idea of curled legs too! Just wish they had been done in a style like Levi’s :frowning:

1 Like

Drew Ann has the same limbs. And it looks like buyers are not interested. People don’t want dolly looking faces, 3/4 arms, and most don’t want fused legs. It would be a waste of time to paint these. Even LaDonna can’t sell them for a decent amount.

4 Likes

Don’t like these either. I loved Shannon and she dissapeared from their website and now they come up with these… why? I wish they would just focus on realborns and would leave the artists’ sculpts.

3 Likes

I just did this identical screen shot to post with a similar comment.

1 Like

Not worth the time to paint a doll for $300

3 Likes

@taylorsgirl Yes I remember. Seems like Porcelain may be making a comeback, lucky you! Can’t you make a mold of the mold then transfer it to silicone or vinyl?

1 Like